Firmware fail on spark
2810 17 2018-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dug0
lvl.2

United States

I tried to update my spark today? the spark updated successfully. The remote failed. After that I tried again but the remote does not show up in my wifi list. The red light on the remote flashes twice  non stop.. I tried holding the power button for 9seconds , it beeped three times then went back to two flashes. It's like the firmware upgrade broke the wifi. Before this the remote connected to the spark just fine. Is there a way to get the wifi working on the remote.
2018-7-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience. May I know if you are using Android device? If yes, Kindly try connecting your mobile device using an OTG cable. Did you receive an error message on the APP?
2018-7-27
Use props
Dug0
lvl.2

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-7-27 07:42
Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience. May I know if you are using Android device? If yes, Kindly try connecting your mobile device using an OTG cable. Did you receive an error message on the APP?

I am using android. No error message other than update failed. I have tried an OTG cable and got nothing to indicate it's has been plugged in nor does it connect to my phone or android tablet.  I can connect to the spark and fly it without the remote, so I know the spark and the ap on my device do work. When you power on the remote the red led flashes twice waits a second and flashes twice again. It does this non stop and after about 5 minutes it also starts to beep non stop.  The remote's wifi does not show up on any device. Thanks for the help.
2018-7-27
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Have u used a OTG before for flying?
Just to verify that the direction is right, I mean.
The RC has to be the host, the phone is the "USB-device on the go" here
I had the same LED blinking, after the update via wifi failed twice.
I then used a cable and the update came through.

Good luck
2018-7-27
Use props
Dug0
lvl.2

United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-7-27 09:39
Have u used a OTG before for flying?
Just to verify that the direction is right, I mean.
The RC has to be the host, the phone is the "USB-device on the go" here

Is there something I need to do on the phone to recognize the sub cable.  Could you explain more on the remote being host. Thank you
2018-7-27
Use props
Dug0
lvl.2

United States

Dug0 Posted at 2018-7-27 09:52
Is there something I need to do on the phone to recognize the sub cable.  Could you explain more on the remote being host. Thank you

USB cable. Darn auto fill
2018-7-27
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Dug0 Posted at 2018-7-27 09:52
Is there something I need to do on the phone to recognize the sub cable.  Could you explain more on the remote being host. Thank you

If you use a OTG adapter, it is easy:

The micro of the adapter has to go into the RC

2018-7-27
Use props
Nate The Great
lvl.1

United States

Dug0 Posted at 2018-7-27 09:53
USB cable. Darn auto fill

I have the same issue. RC failed to update the firmware and now it will not connect to Wifi.

I plugged in the OTG cable to the remote, did the 10 sec hold and I can downgrade the firmware it lists 1000 down to 70x.

I tried to update again and no luck. I tried to download the DJI assist on my PC and it does not show anything connected (Spark or remote)

So I am kinda stuck and not sure what to do. I am curious if I should just downgrade all the firmware to a older working version. I think i spent over 4 hours working on this so far and I am frustrated and confused.
2018-7-27
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

The fw of the spark is (imho) best up-/downgraded on pc with assistant 2, but can be done via wifi and via  RC,too
I just wouldn't do the Spark fw update via RC, anyway! if with device, direct wifi fo Spark!
The fw of the RC is (afaik) only possible via direct connection to a device, wifi or otg.

2018-7-27
Use props
Dug0
lvl.2

United States

Nate The Great Posted at 2018-7-27 10:21
I have the same issue. RC failed to update the firmware and now it will not connect to Wifi.

I plugged in the OTG cable to the remote, did the 10 sec hold and I can downgrade the firmware it lists 1000 down to 70x.

I can not get the OTG cable to work before or after the fw upgrade.  The wifi worked before the fw upgrade but not after it failed. I just spent 2 hrs on the phone with tech support and tried everything. They took my contact info and said they would need to research this and would get to me in a couple of days. It appears the update bricked my remote with the red light double flash of death.  I am left waiting on tech support to get back with me. Will post the results. If anybody has a solution please post. I have only had this for three weeks and I'm very frustrated.
2018-7-27
Use props
wimherman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 208556 ft
Norway

Here is a whole recent topic abt this issue: https://forum.dji.com/thread-157776-1-1.html
2018-7-27
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Dug0 Posted at 2018-7-27 12:20
I can not get the OTG cable to work before or after the fw upgrade.  The wifi worked before the fw upgrade but not after it failed. I just spent 2 hrs on the phone with tech support and tried everything. They took my contact info and said they would need to research this and would get to me in a couple of days. It appears the update bricked my remote with the red light double flash of death.  I am left waiting on tech support to get back with me. Will post the results. If anybody has a solution please post. I have only had this for three weeks and I'm very frustrated.

"I can not get the OTG cable to work before or after the fw upgrade."

So you can't prove right now, if you COULD finish the fw update with otg to the RC.
That is unfortunate!
2018-7-27
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Oh: Your droid is a ....?
2018-7-27
Use props
Dug0
lvl.2

United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-7-27 19:11
"I can not get the OTG cable to work before or after the fw upgrade."

So you can't prove right now, if you COULD finish the fw update with otg to the RC.

I tried 2different OTG cables and 2 different android devices. None worked. I think it is time to send it in
2018-7-28
Use props
Nate The Great
lvl.1

United States

Seems like the firmeare update sabotaged some devices. My spark is out of warranty I will just have to see if i can firmware roll back
2018-7-28
Use props
Alexey Batalov
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

I know that you can downgrade firmware of the ac from dji ass2, but how do you downgrade firmware of the remote??? Dji ass2 doesnt recognize the spark remote...
2018-7-28
Use props
ahmedalqassem
lvl.1
New Zealand

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-7-27 10:19
If you use a OTG adapter, it is easy:
[view_image]

Have you tried it yourself and it worked? It didn't work with me
2018-7-28
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
United States

ahmedalqassem Posted at 2018-7-28 14:23
Have you tried it yourself and it worked? It didn't work with me

I use otg for about a year, now. Almost exclusively.

But this "easy" was meant for the directional thing and to someone who hasn't used otg before this update.
I just plugged my cable in like  the hundred times before and it worked for the update.
And if it had not worked, I would have known that it is  a bricked by update - RC, not a otg connection failure.
2018-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules