Is phantom 4 pro intuitive to a Mavic Air pilot?
716 6 2018-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sstimeare
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41437 ft
United States

I'm planning an upcoming trip to Iceland in October and will be doing a large amount of drone footage.  I currntly fly the Mavic Air, but will be renting the Phantom 4 pro for this trip.  Ideally i would like to get my hands on a Phantom 4 pro prior to this trip, but it's not possible.  How different is the interface and flying style?  Are they close enough to "wing" it with a slight learning curve?  I'll be doing alot of homework prior to the trip, but nothing beats in-field experience.

Also any tips for droning in Iceland?  What not to do's?
2018-7-27
Use props
Anokadrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 58327 ft

United States

I have not flown a Mavic but I would think that you will be fine.  P4P is a good beasty.  You are going to check it out when you pick it up....make sure everything is operational, etc?
2018-7-27
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>

State where you are located, and see if someone is close by to allow you hands on......BTW,  you'll be fine!

Randy
2018-7-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. I will be posting a link for you to compare the DJI Mavic Air and the DJI Phantom 4 Pro. This link will show all the specifications of both Drones.

https://www.dji.com/products/com ... ndsite&from=nav
2018-7-27
Use props
sstimeare
lvl.2
United States

rwynant V1 Posted at 2018-7-27 11:04
State where you are located, and see if someone is close by to allow you hands on......BTW,  you'll be fine!

Randy

Im in Nashville, IF there's anybody nearby that would be kind enough to let me do a few minutes fly time to get a a feel for the phantom 4 pro that would be amazing.
2018-8-6
Use props
sstimeare
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-7-27 11:25
Hi. I will be posting a link for you to compare the DJI Mavic Air and the DJI Phantom 4 Pro. This link will show all the specifications of both Drones.

https://www.dji.com/products/compare-consumer-drones?site=brandsite&from=nav

Thank you! I appreciate you sending that along.
2018-8-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The aircraft are very similar.
They use the same app and controls.
You just have more camera controls to work with on the P4 pro
Download the P4 pro manual and read it to see how similar it is.
2018-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules