battery for ipad ground station
3997 7 2014-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
leifbaker
New

United States

What battery is recommended to power the ground unit of an ipad ground station?
It comes with a dc cable but no power source.
Thank you.
2014-11-3
Use props
leifbaker
New

United States

Can it be powered via usb from a fpv monitor?
2014-11-3
Use props
DJI-Jolie
lvl.2

China

Hi Leifbaker,

for the DC cable, you can solder the other end of the DC cable to a XT60 port and connect it to a 3S-6S Battery. An easier way is to simply connect the ground unit to your PC via USB cable. The USB cable can work as both communication port and power supply port.
2014-11-4
Use props
laketravis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7211 ft
United States

For the iPad, just about any external battery will do the trick.  I bought the Anker 2nd Gen Astro E4 13000mAh External Battery Portable Dual USB Charger Power Bank.  Obviously, the more mAh you can get for the buck, the better.  I thought the Astro E4 offered a great $$/mAh compromise and it has tons of great reviews.   A little advice.  Don't do the dumb thing I did the first time I was out trying it.  I set the battery pack and set the bluetooth equipment on a rock near where I was standing.  I stupidly walked too far away and the bluetooth link with the iPad was severed causing the Phantom to do a failsafe fly home.  I was still a relative rookie and it was the first time it did a fly home that I didn't start.  All ended well, but I learned-- keep the bluetooth and battery in a pocket, or at least stay close.
2014-11-12
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just use a Phantom 1 3S 2200mAh lipo.  It powers my Data Link and monitor.  I charge it about once ever three trips to the field.
2014-11-17
Use props
guitarian
lvl.2

United States

The specs for the Ground Station show "Supply Voltage-The Ground end: 9.9V-25.2V " and
the "Current (Transmitting Signal) -0.18A@12.5V.
Since USB only supplies 5V, how does a USB port power the "Ground End"? It appears that some of you guys are powering from your laptops and/or from batteries made to supply power to devices with USB connections.
Are the DJI specs incorrect?
Thanks
2014-12-20
Use props
pimezon1
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I use 3s 2200 mAH
2014-12-20
Use props
bri.james
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I use this:

RAVPower® Element Portable External Battery Charger / Power Bank (10400mAh, iSmart, Dual USB) - Black

2014-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules