More testing - flying and editing
441 13 2018-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
308Shooter
lvl.3
United States

Hello all,
Took the  MP out to the local RC fileds for another quick round of testing today with the wife's iPhoneX versus my Samsung Note 5.  Did not turn on Airplane Mode and no disconnects.  I wish I knew which way to go with this.  No disconnects with my last flight test on my Note 5 with airplane mode turned on either.  UGH!!!!!!  Wish I had enough time to test with both phones back to back.

Anyway, took a couple of shots of the filed to test my editing skills in Lightroom.  Not a big fan so far.  I used Photoshiop in  another lifetime and found that far easier.  With that said, Let me know your thoughts.
Flying field 1.jpg
2018-7-28
Use props
308Shooter
lvl.3
United States

Sorry can't get the original to post.
2018-7-28
Use props
dronto
Second Officer
Singapore

Nice work!
2018-7-28
Use props
308Shooter
lvl.3
United States

Thanks..... Not great, but better than my first.
2018-7-28
Use props
dronto
Second Officer
Singapore

308Shooter Posted at 2018-7-28 19:57
Thanks..... Not great, but better than my first.

Very nice try indeed
2018-7-28
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

308Shooter Posted at 2018-7-28 13:46
Sorry can't get the original to post.

DJI's forum website limits file size to 2-MBs.   
Chances are original image, unless cropped or compressed is around six times to big.
You have to upload original file to file sharing service, then post link to stored file.  

2018-7-28
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

With that said, Let me know your thoughts.

Less sky more earth or less earth and more sky (if clouds be target).  

Old photogrpahy Rule of Thirds.

2018-7-28
Use props
308Shooter
lvl.3
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-28 20:33
With that said, Let me know your thoughts.

Less sky more earth or less earth and more sky (if clouds be target).  

True... Composition isn't the standard rule of thirds.  Sometimes rules are meant to be broken - Especially when  you don't pay attention to it.    But thanks, I really do appreciate the honesty.  I'm so nervous flying,  I forget to pay attention to composition.  

However, I do like way the trees in the middle separate the foreground semi-circle and the clouds.  With that said..... What about the tones/contrast/brightness, etc??  Just minor curve adjustments.
2018-7-28
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Nice shot.
2018-7-28
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

308Shooter Posted at 2018-7-28 20:56
True... Composition isn't the standard rule of thirds.  Sometimes rules are meant to be broken - Especially when  you don't pay attention to it.    But thanks, I really do appreciate the honesty.  I'm so nervous flying,  I forget to pay attention to composition.  

However, I do like way the trees in the middle separate the foreground semi-circle and the clouds.  With that said..... What about the tones/contrast/brightness, etc??  Just minor curve adjustments.

What about the tones/contrast/brightness, etc??  Just minor curve adjustments.

Pretty subjective.  Depends on attended viewers and purpose.
For yourself, you tweak it to your liking, nobody else matters.
For family and friends, usually picture that looks like what they would expect to see in person.

For professionals, you won't please most of them.  Purists, the original has to be spot on, and no post fixing.  Artsy photog might expect wild coloring or Black & White or Rustic Sepia.

For my eye, I would want more light on Ground, lessening deep shadows along forest edge.  Sky and clouds are great.

2018-7-28
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

nice shot  
2018-7-29
Use props
maddox
Captain

very nice keep it up  
2018-7-29
Use props