Views of the Mississippi
983 9 2018-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MarkMN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 77100 ft
United States

Saved a couple of still frames from some video showing local views of the Mississippi river.

Here's looking south:
MississippiLookingSouth.jpg

And from a location a few miles south, looking back north over the town:

Looking North at Mississippi

Looking North at Mississippi

2018-7-28
Use props
dronto
Second Officer
Singapore

Nice work!
2018-7-28
Use props
maddox
Captain

great shot
2018-7-29
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

nice shot
2018-7-29
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Great Shots, Mississippi is Beautiful, do you use Steam Boats still there ? Love those.
2018-7-29
Use props
MarkMN
lvl.3
United States

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-7-29 05:30
Great Shots, Mississippi is Beautiful, do you use Steam Boats still there ? Love those.

Thanks all for the kind comments. Living in flatlandia it always seems a challenge to find anything visually interesting. I lived in California in the 80’s and 90’s and sure wish I had this drone back then.

A few years back there was a company doing riverboat dinner cruises, I went on one of those once, but they’ve since gone out of business. It seems strange to me how this city seemingly turns its back on the river. There should be riverside dining, cruises, etc. but even when they built a convention center along the river, all the views are facing the other way.
2018-7-29
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

MarkMN Posted at 2018-7-29 06:23
Thanks all for the kind comments. Living in flatlandia it always seems a challenge to find anything visually interesting. I lived in California in the 80’s and 90’s and sure wish I had this drone back then.

A few years back there was a company doing riverboat dinner cruises, I went on one of those once, but they’ve since gone out of business. It seems strange to me how this city seemingly turns its back on the river. There should be riverside dining, cruises, etc. but even when they built a convention center along the river, all the views are facing the other way.

I remember when you say Mississippi the first thing to come up in mind is the River and the Steam Boats.

Pity to here they have gone out of business Buddy, they sure where a Big Attraction and a really nice experience to dine on one of those Beautiful Ships !

Thanks for updating me ! Hope you have a nice weekend.

2018-7-29
Use props
MarkMN
lvl.3
United States

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-7-29 06:34
I remember when you say Mississippi the first thing to come up in mind is the River and the Steam Boats.

Pity to here they have gone out of business Buddy, they sure where a Big Attraction and a really nice experience to dine on one of those Beautiful Ships !

I’m sure you still find the riverboats in the areas from St. Louis and further south. I’m only about 150 miles from the source of the river, and this town was built here because it was the furthest point north that was navigable by the larger boats.
2018-7-29
Use props
Carmenvail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1521201 ft
United States

niceriver shot... Filter?
2018-7-29
Use props
MarkMN
lvl.3
United States

Carmenvail Posted at 2018-7-29 07:18
niceriver shot... Filter?

No filters or post processing. The first one was taken during my lunch break at work (noon), the one over the city was early AM just after sunrise. Watching the videos with VLC, I used the snapshot command.

As an aside, I do want to learn to use manual mode and filters for more cinematic videos, but I always feel so rushed with the battery life of the Spark (it wanted badly to land in that small lake in the foreground due to letting the power get too low). Perhaps just more practice is in order. Which is also a good excuse to get out and fly more, so that should be a win-win.
2018-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules