No Fly Zone with authority
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
antlvk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 539347 ft
Malaysia

When I gets authorization to fly in No Fly zone but P3P won't start and have no way to bypass it!!!!! WHY!!!
2015-5-23
Use props
suhentu
lvl.1

Italy

Maybe if you switch to A-mode it would work, it should turn off the GPS
2015-5-24
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

suhentu Posted at 2015-5-24 17:29
Maybe if you switch to A-mode it would work, it should turn off the GPS

You cannot turn off the GPS.  Even if you were flying in ATTI MODE,  the Phantom would still have GPS and still know it was in a NO FLY ZONE and prevent takeoff.  You would have to cover the top of the Phantom with aluminum foil to prevent it from getting a signal.  You can fly ATTI MODE with no sats.
2015-5-24
Use props
antlvk
lvl.2
Malaysia

I know of that aluminium foil but wonder will it suddenly get through and auto land in water..... have to do some testing
2015-5-25
Use props
zorgies
lvl.1
Canada

Hi all - I am new to this forum and have suffered the same fate. I received a brand new Inspire yesterday and did a flight in the morning so at least I know it works.

Then I updated the firmware - now can not even start the machine as I live inside an airport's No fly Zone (In a remote NE Nigerian village called Yola). Safety is safety however does anybody have the knowledge and/or .bin file so I can downgrade to the previous software.

Because of the security situation in the country I cannot just travel out of town to go and fly. So without help from you guys - I now have a $3000 paperweight.

Thanks Mark
2015-5-27
Use props
dmwierz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

Mark, sorry, that's pretty much how it goes. The only "work around" is to try the aluminum foil trick and fly in ATTI mode.
2015-5-28
Use props
antlvk
lvl.2
Malaysia

Yes alu foil, just make sure try it and the foil stick good enough, or else it get gps and it will land wherever the drone are on the spot
2015-5-28
Use props
lightpanther
lvl.3

United States

antlvk@gmail.co Posted at 2015-5-28 20:51
Yes alu foil, just make sure try it and the foil stick good enough, or else it get gps and it will l ...

Keep bringing the flaws of crippleware to the attention of DJI until they remove it.
2015-5-28
Use props
zorgies
lvl.1
Canada

It gets worse!!!!!

Cannot fly because of being situated in a No Fly Zone so thought let me do some simulator training.

Hahahahahah cannot fly the simulator as drone must be switched on to use it but it then picks up I a in a no fly zone and even the simulator wont work
2015-5-29
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

Just tape a 4 inch square of aluminum foil over the GPS antenna and it's all bypassed.  Or go buy another drone.  Your choice.  
2015-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules