Gaps In Flight Record
483 6 2018-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WinterRanger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 72054 ft
United States

This evening before it got dark I wanted to try my Spark in sport mode. Nothing fancy just flying in a straight like for a bit and coming back to where I was. The distance was maybe 3 houses down and back. I noticed while flying that I'd look down at my iPhone which was connected via WiFi and see disconnected from (I think it said aircraft). So I played back the flight and there are three 10 second gaps in the flight log. The Spark wasn't that far from me.
Between 40-50 feet.  Is that the iPhone disconnecting from the remote or the Spark disconnecting from the remote?  I hope not the latter as that would be not good.
2018-7-29
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>

You possibly hit some WiFi interference. Nothing to worry about but keep an eye on continued behavior in other places.
2018-7-29
Use props
WinterRanger
lvl.2
United States

pmshop Posted at 2018-7-29 18:05
You possibly hit some WiFi interference. Nothing to worry about but keep an eye on continued behavior in other places.

Wifi phone to controller or Wifi Spark to RC?
2018-7-29
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>

WinterRanger Posted at 2018-7-29 18:17

WiFi Spark to RC
Possibly flying over a house with a strong router close in exact frequency
Reason I say don't worry is if you take off with a good home-point set, it will return to you on a continued loss of signal.
2018-7-29
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

WinterRanger Posted at 2018-7-29 18:17

Check it out:
http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/

should tell you a bit more about that.

But with 10 second gaps, I think it is "just" a RC-Device disconnection.
3+ secs RC disconnects from Spark should trigger RTH

Wifi connected to RC, are there bluetooth devices around?
2018-7-29
Use props
WinterRanger
lvl.2
United States

Tried it again tonight with the Spark 5 feet in front of me at a 4 foot hover. Kept loosing signal. I'm going to exchange it.
2018-7-29
Use props
WinterRanger
lvl.2
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-7-29 19:49
Check it out:
http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/

Was for sure RC to Spark. Tonight when I saw the screen tell me LoS I tried to move the Spark and it wouldn't move. That was with the drone just a few feet away at the bottom of my driveway. I had BT off.  Plus it started acting funny tonight. Not holding alt. and even drifting a bit. Gonna just get an exchange at Sam's tomorrow. One more thing I was watching Go4 and the Wifi screen. Signal would be high and drop, then go high and drop.  Again. Spark and RC very close to each other. Not worth fooling around with on a new drone.  
2018-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules