plan to travel with drone from Saudi i Arabia to India
3418 18 2018-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
niz
lvl.1

Saudi Arabia

Dear All,

kindly please need your help to solve my issue , I plan to travel from Saudi Arabia to India with my DJI Spark drone include extra battery So I want know about if any problem I will face in airport . where I will keep this drone luggage or shoulder bag . kindly please suggest me better way

2018-7-31
Use props
Vik
lvl.1

United Kingdom

The customs will ask you questions if they know you have the device. Some airports you can just walk out without ur bags being scanned. Drone laws in india as very unclear and taking a drone to a city varies as rules are made up on the spot when you land. Its a risk you have to take hoping they dont ask too many question. I know a friend who took a DJI Phantom Standard few years back and has issues going pass customs, he had to fight his ground to be allowed in with the drone. good luck...
2018-7-31
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Why don't you email or phone the Airport in India and ask them ? I am sure they will help you.
2018-7-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. Thank you for the inquiry. The best thing you need to do is to get in touch with the airport authorities and the airline personnel and ask what are the rules and regulations on how to properly pack your Drone for traveling.
2018-7-31
Use props
Ram-UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1173045 ft
United Kingdom

I would suggest that you speak to the authorities and get something in writing to be on the safe side. If you find any information about drones please print a copy and carry it with you so that you have a chance to fight your case.

It's not easy to deal with them and as mentioned above they make the rules as they go and it will ruin your day if you are not ready with the supporting documents.

2018-7-31
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

Drones are not allowed in Saudi Arabia, you should know that. To travel from the Saudi airport with a drone is difficult.

Take care.
2018-7-31
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Ahmed he lives in Saudia.
2018-7-31
Use props
niz
lvl.1

Saudi Arabia

Vik Posted at 2018-7-31 01:33
The customs will ask you questions if they know you have the device. Some airports you can just walk out without ur bags being scanned. Drone laws in india as very unclear and taking a drone to a city varies as rules are made up on the spot when you land. Its a risk you have to take hoping they dont ask too many question. I know a friend who took a DJI Phantom Standard few years back and has issues going pass customs, he had to fight his ground to be allowed in with the drone. good luck...

Thank for your reply ...
ya u said right Will be more question from customs
2018-7-31
Use props
niz
lvl.1

Saudi Arabia

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-7-31 02:52
Why don't you email or phone the Airport in India and ask them ? I am sure they will help you.

That’s good Idea will try
2018-7-31
Use props
niz
lvl.1

Saudi Arabia

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-7-31 07:37
Hi. Thank you for the inquiry. The best thing you need to do is to get in touch with the airport authorities and the airline personnel and ask what are the rules and regulations on how to properly pack your Drone for traveling.

Thank u bro for u r advice
2018-7-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

You are very much welcome. Have a safe and happy trip.
2018-7-31
Use props
niz
lvl.1

Saudi Arabia

Ram-UK Posted at 2018-7-31 08:10
I would suggest that you speak to the authorities and get something in writing to be on the safe side. If you find any information about drones please print a copy and carry it with you so that you have a chance to fight your case.

It's not easy to deal with them and as mentioned above they make the rules as they go and it will ruin your day if you are not ready with the supporting documents.

Thanks for advice
2018-7-31
Use props
niz
lvl.1

Saudi Arabia

Ahmed Hussain Posted at 2018-7-31 10:14
Drones are not allowed in Saudi Arabia, you should know that. To travel from the Saudi airport with a drone is difficult.

Take care.

Ohhh really...Just I want transfer my drone  from saudi to India is it any problem during transit time in saudi airport
2018-7-31
Use props
niz
lvl.1

Saudi Arabia

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-7-31 10:27
Ahmed he lives in Saudia.

Ya am living saudi nd traveling to home country India
2018-7-31
Use props
Ram-UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1173045 ft
United Kingdom

You are welcome mate
2018-8-1
Use props
Vik
lvl.1

Germany

another suggestion if possible would be to remove the camera, this will make the drone more of a "toy" drone and without camera they may just not question you too much and let you through.
2018-8-1
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

niz Posted at 2018-7-31 13:40
Ohhh really...Just I want transfer my drone  from saudi to India is it any problem during transit time in saudi airport

They should not see the aircraft by anyway even the domestic flights.

Edit: Transit, if you didn't stay in Saudi Arabia, is something different.
2018-8-1
Use props
Elpolo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10643 ft
Croatia

There are new rules that came in place in Dec and they are a pretty good step ahead from what is in place before.
Nevertheless, you will to register your drone if it weights more than 250 g, I've aimed to gather all the info found here https://www.drone-made.com/blog/saudi-arabia-drone-laws

Hope this helps.
2019-2-12
Use props
fans812df717
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1092280 ft
United States

There are two aspect to keep separate, Customs and Airline. Since I am not familiar with Saudi Arabia I can only guess. You are already in the country and want to bring your Spark to India. Most likely you will NOT go through customs, only airport security at the departure. You may want to check that or know already. From a transportation safety perspective, you should always bring your lipo batteries with your hand luggage, never transport those in your checked in luggage. Even better, get a safety bag for lipo batteries and put tape over the battery contacts. Drain the batteries to about 20-30 %. At your arrival in India, you will go through customs so check if there are any import restrictions. Good luck!
2019-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules