Tutorial how to Connect Fatshark Goggles to DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2
7412 6 2018-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
yarik83
lvl.2
United States

EDIT: August 13, 2018. I tested this setup with an iphone on a mavic air and it worked pretty darn good.
I am including my findings in 2nd video.

After plenty of research ahead of time perusing forums and what people say I worked out a solution, which unfortunately did not pan out successfully. I got it to work but it requires a lot more than I would like and interference between wireless capability of google chrome cast like device (miracast) generally conflicts with the drone which also broadcasts on 2.4ghz. Procedure requires purchase of HDMI to HDMI mini connector, some sort of miracast device and portable battery bank with usb port. Proximity of person holding remote control to person wearing goggles, without a doubt interferes with workings of the remote control. Problem is that my house has 2.4ghz amplifiers in it and all my neighbors use 2.4 and 5.8 antennas for internet so I have so much noise that it sort of compounded on the issue. In my best trials the connectivity was rated poor and good at times even without miracast turned on. Since miracast is 2.4 ghz I di d try switching drone to 5.8 which improved the signal but 5.8 gives less distance on the drone so….

I recorded a video tutorial on my channel documenting my findings.

2018-7-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. Thank you for the information given. I do not recommend using 3rd party devices or applications son your DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2. There is a possibility that 3rd party devices will work, however, since it's not yet optimized with our application we cannot be guaranteed the stability of the application if it will work all the time while using that device on you DJI Drone.
2018-7-31
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>

I have the FlySight Goggles, and got them specifically because it comes with HDMI IN
http://www.empirerc.com/flysight ... picture-p-9130.html

The Inspire RC comes with HDMI Out

The P4Pro I needed to get the HDMI Module for the RC

They both work perfectly!!  AND I can use the goggles to watch Drone Racing at our Rotor Plex at SEFSD

Randy
2018-7-31
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

nice sharing
2018-8-1
Use props
maddox
Captain

thanks for sharing
2018-8-1
Use props
yarik83
lvl.2
United States

rwynant V1 Posted at 2018-7-31 19:13
I have the FlySight Goggles, and got them specifically because it comes with HDMI IN
http://www.empirerc.com/flysight-5-8-ghz-spexman-one-dual-diversity-fpv-goggles-with-picture-in-picture-p-9130.html

Yes, except that Phantom 4 Pro Version 2.0 does not have HDMI module that is compatible with it. This video was to show what can be done absent that functionality.
2018-10-17
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done - thanks again for sharing.
2018-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now