Jetskiing with Spark
675 9 2018-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rick bernotas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 194944 ft
United States

I got some jetskiing footage with the Spark over the weekend, and mixed it with some GoPro footage of the same.  Unfortunately later in the day I got the ATTI mode flyaway issue on a separate flight, and the Spark was destroyed so this is my last footage with the Spark.

2018-7-31
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
United States

very nice video!
too bad you lost the Spark!
2018-7-31
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26447 ft
Denmark

Looks like fun.. How badly did your spark get damaged? If you want to sell it PM me.
2018-7-31
Use props
rick bernotas
lvl.3
United States

Joller79 DK Posted at 2018-7-31 09:36
Looks like fun.. How badly did your spark get damaged? If you want to sell it PM me.

It went into ATTI mode after having a strong GPS lock, and started flying away out of my control... nothing I did at the controls had any affect on it.  It smacked into a tree, smashing the sensors on the front and took out a few propellers, but after hitting the tree so hard it dropped about 30 feet into 2 feet deep of water.... luckily I saw where it dropped in the water and was able to recover it about 5 minutes later, but of course the water had ruined it by then, if the crash into the tree didn't do it.  I already sent it in on the DJI care refresh extended plan, hopefully I'll get the replacement soon as I was going to take it on a trip in a week and a half.   I'm pretty bummed as it wasn't even pilot error; it just went into ATTI berserk mode, but hopefully the Care Refresh takes care of it quickly.
2018-7-31
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Excellent Video Rick ! Did you contact DJI on your case ?
2018-7-31
Use props
rick bernotas
lvl.3
United States

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-7-31 11:56
Excellent Video Rick ! Did you contact DJI on your case ?

I just started a case with DJI online and paid the $39 for the expedited replacement thru Care Refresh as I don't have the time this week to go thru a customer service call this week and wait for the warranty assessment... I really would like the replacement by my next trip (soon) so we'll see how quick the expedited Care Refresh is...

But it will be interesting to see if they have any assessment of the ATTI mode flyaway once they have the damaged drone from UPS.
2018-7-31
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

rick bernotas Posted at 2018-7-31 12:06
I just started a case with DJI online and paid the $39 for the expedited replacement thru Care Refresh as I don't have the time this week to go thru a customer service call this week and wait for the warranty assessment... I really would like the replacement by my next trip (soon) so we'll see how quick the expedited Care Refresh is...

But it will be interesting to see if they have any assessment of the ATTI mode flyaway once they have the damaged drone from UPS.

Welldone in having the DJI Care Refresh Mate !

Wish you all the Best Rick !
2018-7-31
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26447 ft
Denmark

rick bernotas Posted at 2018-7-31 11:56
It went into ATTI mode after having a strong GPS lock, and started flying away out of my control... nothing I did at the controls had any affect on it.  It smacked into a tree, smashing the sensors on the front and took out a few propellers, but after hitting the tree so hard it dropped about 30 feet into 2 feet deep of water.... luckily I saw where it dropped in the water and was able to recover it about 5 minutes later, but of course the water had ruined it by then, if the crash into the tree didn't do it.  I already sent it in on the DJI care refresh extended plan, hopefully I'll get the replacement soon as I was going to take it on a trip in a week and a half.   I'm pretty bummed as it wasn't even pilot error; it just went into ATTI berserk mode, but hopefully the Care Refresh takes care of it quickly.

Nice, good thing thar refresh care if they do offer a new one... I am not planning on letting my spark go besserk so i dont have it.. And i bought my spark on super sale for 150 pounds..
2018-7-31
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

great job sorry for your lost

2018-8-1
Use props
maddox
Captain

very nice video sorry for the lost buddy
2018-8-1
Use props