Belgium

went for some test flying then these guys showed up
they where very nice ;)
2015-5-24
Use props
fiskld
lvl.2

United States

I sometimes wonder if I'm going to get a visit when I am flying at the local parks. So far no problem. I do get attention from people who notice the P3 and want to know about it. They think it's pretty cool which it is.
2015-5-24
Use props
HunterBrooks
lvl.4

United States

Funny, I've been thinking about that happening to me.  But I go hiking into the mountains and fly to try and stay away from people, crowds, etc.  But with all the negative hype, and some people's unwarranted fears, someone could still complain using their cell phone, only to have the police waiting for me at my car when I return.  

So I decided to get my AMA membership which provides an ID card, some insurance coverage, etc.  I was a pilot in my early 20's, so I'm going to take a refresher course and at least take the FAA Sport Pilot written exam.  I'm hoping that the local police won't know enough about UAV's yet that all the documentation will look official enough to not have my PH3 confiscated (only to have it given to his kid for his birthday of course).  lol

But I would have gotten my AMA and taken the Sport Pilot written exam anyway in preparation for a commercial UAV permit sometime in the future when they are available.   So they're not just for being left alone.

2015-5-24
Use props
niktnowy
lvl.2

United States

I was stopped by cops while flying above wooded area of  local university.  They were very polite and asked me if I could come back other day because they had some type of celebration going on at the different part of the park.   I did that and he let me go pointing to expired registration on my car. Being polite and cooperatve helps in every situation.
2015-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules