Motor /engine power in W
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sTcA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48691 ft
France

Can anybody tell me the power of a single motor on a Phantom 3 Adv? In Watt, please.

Thanks,
2018-8-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, thank you for reaching DJI forum. We need to clarify this with our R&D engineers. May I know if you have issues on the motors of your drone?
2018-8-1
Use props
sTcA
lvl.1
France

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-8-1 07:51
Hi there, thank you for reaching DJI forum. We need to clarify this with our R&D engineers. May I know if you have issues on the motors of your drone?

no issue with the motor but I have to register the drone by French authorities (DGAC) and they ask me this parameter, mandatory. By the way can you please also confirm me maximum distance remote/phantom?

thanks,
2018-8-1
Use props
sTcA
lvl.1
France

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-8-1 07:51
Hi there, thank you for reaching DJI forum. We need to clarify this with our R&D engineers. May I know if you have issues on the motors of your drone?

when do you think I can get an answer? thanks
2018-8-3
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

sTcA Posted at 2018-8-3 00:32
when do you think I can get an answer? thanks

You could work it out, since the logs contain the battery volts and the current used, multiply one by the other for a time when it was at full power and you have the answer.  I guess that wont satisfy the authorities though so I wont bother...
2018-8-3
Use props
sTcA
lvl.1
France

Nigel_ Posted at 2018-8-3 01:05
You could work it out, since the logs contain the battery volts and the current used, multiply one by the other for a time when it was at full power and you have the answer.  I guess that wont satisfy the authorities though so I wont bother...

but the motors must have a nominal power in W, that's what I need
2018-8-3
Use props
sTcA
lvl.1
France

Nigel_ Posted at 2018-8-3 01:05
You could work it out, since the logs contain the battery volts and the current used, multiply one by the other for a time when it was at full power and you have the answer.  I guess that wont satisfy the authorities though so I wont bother...

nevertheless I am interested in knowing how can I access and read the mentioned information on the log. Thanks in advance
2018-8-3
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

sTcA Posted at 2018-8-3 01:59
nevertheless I am interested in knowing how can I access and read the mentioned information on the log. Thanks in advance

If you upload your flight log to: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/upload/ ,
Download the verbose CSV file and look at it in a spreadsheet app,
Then find a time where you are at full throttle (10000 in the RC.throttle column),
Then multiply CENTER_BATTERY.currentPV [V] * CENTER_BATTERY.current [A],
Then the answer will be about right for the total power of all 4 motors.
It is not completely accurate because the power is used for other things than the motors, but most of the power goes to the motors.

On the P4P it comes out at a little less than 0.5KW, I guess you could just go with that figure if you don't get an official answer.
2018-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules