Fcc mode
873 7 2015-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Numpty clive
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I know I'm a numpty like my name suggests but can someone please explain why some people are getting a range of 3000ft plus out of their birds
But I'm only getting 300ft max before the rth kicks in?

I think I'm in fcc mode as I'm getting 2 beeps when I turn the controller on and I've done 2 antenna mods. Surely I should be getting a lot more range than what I am

Many thanks
2015-5-24
Use props
srtgray
lvl.2

Switzerland

Have you changed the range limits in the PT2 application?
2015-5-24
Use props
Numpty clive
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Yes mate, done that. I keep loosing connection all the time too. Thinking I may have a dodgy controller
2015-5-24
Use props
Numpty clive
lvl.2

United Kingdom

This is how far I can get out before it triggers rth. Not very far at all
2015-5-24
Use props
pedwards
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi Clive

My range was not much greater than yours when I first got the Phantom. I purchased the ITElite panel which I'm vry pleased with. Also, is this Crooks PeaK? Nice video.

Regards

Paul
2015-5-24
Use props
Numpty clive
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Thanks Paul, this is crooks peak yes. First ever time up there yesterday and it's beautiful.  So glad I decided to take the drone.
I've heard about the ITelite Panel and was pondering on whether to get it or not. Think I will take your advice and purchase one.
Thanks very much
Clive
2015-5-24
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

2 beeps is FCC mode (naughty boy )
What were the 2 antenna mods you have already done ?
2015-5-24
Use props
Numpty clive
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Haha yes I know,  I added a tp link Antenna to both the wifi extender and stock Antenna. I was always loosing connection with the drone before the mod too. It's strange as the mod seems to have made no difference.

Cheers
2015-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules