717 19 2018-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
iosouza
lvl.1
Flight distance : 585512 ft
Brazil

Guys, good afternoon!

I need to change the email address in Dji, the email I use today I will stop using, and I want to register the new one, but I do not think where to do it.

Pessoal, boa tarde!

Preciso alterar o endereço de e-mail no Dji, o e-mail que eu uso hoje vou parar de usar, e quero registrar o novo, mas não sei onde fazer.

2018-8-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, thank you for reaching DJI forum. The activated email can not be changed, but if you change another email, you can register it first and then log in on the app.Take note that the flight records you had cannot be synchronized to the new e-mail account. If you have another concern, please let us know.
2018-8-2
Use props
iosouza
lvl.1
Brazil

Hi, thanks for the help.

but if I use another email to activate, will I lose my flights and logs?
2018-8-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

iosouza Posted at 2018-8-2 09:44
Hi, thanks for the help.

but if I use another email to activate, will I lose my flights and logs?

Yes, that's is correct. The flight records you had from the original email cannot be synchronized to the new e-mail account.
2018-8-2
Use props
MrArcher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 401706 ft
United States

Imho, this has to be fixed.  There is no reason that folks have to lose data due to the need to change their email address, which might not be their choice anyway.  ISP's come and go all the time, and people change jobs, services, etc.  This should be able to be fixed easily with a little focus on the task.
2018-8-2
Use props
Nancy SEO
lvl.3
Flight distance : 434849 ft
United States

MrArcher Posted at 2018-8-2 10:39
Imho, this has to be fixed.  There is no reason that folks have to lose data due to the need to change their email address, which might not be their choice anyway.  ISP's come and go all the time, and people change jobs, services, etc.  This should be able to be fixed easily with a little focus on the task.

agreed. crazy that you are forced to start all over again.
2018-8-2
Use props
iosouza
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-8-2 09:46
Yes, that's is correct. The flight records you had from the original email cannot be synchronized to the new e-mail account.

should not be so, in many places you can change the registered email address
2018-8-2
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

I agree here as well, the change of email addresses should be made possible by DJI, technically it is definitely possible, although it might involve some work.
2018-8-2
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Do flight records mean that much to everyone?
2018-8-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

iosouza Posted at 2018-8-2 12:15
should not be so, in many places you can change the registered email address

Hi, the email that you used for you to register the unit will be bounded to the aircraft and the flight records are bound to the specific email as well that has been used while flying the drone.
2018-8-2
Use props
MrArcher
lvl.4
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-2 16:21
Hi, the email that you used for you to register the unit will be bounded to the aircraft and the flight records are bound to the specific email as well that has been used while flying the drone.

Tony, yeah we understood the post and I think universally, everyone thinks such a rigid implementation is not desirable.  Further, now that you are saying that original email is permanently locked to the SN of the drone, pray tell, what happens if you sell it?

Like I said, you guys need to rethink this inability to change the email.  There are far too many implications where an email must be changed, especially when the change is forced upon the original or secondary owner.
2018-8-3
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
United States

MrArcher Posted at 2018-8-3 06:10
Tony, yeah we understood the post and I think universally, everyone thinks such a rigid implementation is not desirable.  Further, now that you are saying that original email is permanently locked to the SN of the drone, pray tell, what happens if you sell it?

Like I said, you guys need to rethink this inability to change the email.  There are far too many implications where an email must be changed, especially when the change is forced upon the original or secondary owner.

If you sell it then that person signs in with their email addy/password and life goes on. Just don't tell the new owner your info and password
2018-8-3
Use props
MrArcher
lvl.4
United States

rolling56 Posted at 2018-8-3 06:15
If you sell it then that person signs in with their email addy/password and life goes on. Just don't tell the new owner your info and password

I'd expect no less from you Rolling.  With a relatively easy fix, you'd rather not encourage a change in thinking on this topic?  Unless of course, it affects you, right?  Unhelpful post.
2018-8-3
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
United States

MrArcher Posted at 2018-8-3 07:09
I'd expect no less from you Rolling.  With a relatively easy fix, you'd rather not encourage a change in thinking on this topic?  Unless of course, it affects you, right?  Unhelpful post.

lol ok but i just saved you a post from DJI spewing mostly the same words. They may still post it. So maybe you get my sarcasm now?
2018-8-3
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
United States

.....and just to add i don't like much if any of DJI's policies for that matter.
2018-8-3
Use props
MrArcher
lvl.4
United States

You should know by now brother, they don't get sarcasm.
2018-8-3
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
United States

umm ya ok nope still doesn't make sense.
2018-8-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

MrArcher Posted at 2018-8-3 06:10

Hi, thanks for the response, when you sell your aircraft the email that you used for you to activate the unit cannot be changed, however, the new owner may create an account for him to use the DJI product and you may advise the person if the drone is still under warranty or if it has DJI Care refresh. I would recommend as well proving the proof of purchase of the unit in any case that the drone needs to be in service. I will forward your suggestion to the right department to see what we can do to make it possible.
2018-8-4
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
United States

Well there you have it. Same thing different language lol
2018-8-4
Use props
MrArcher
lvl.4
United States

Tony, not interested in work arounds. The resale portion was just one of many points, but more importantly, those who are forced to change their emails by no choice of their own. Allowing folks to change their registered email and maintain their history IS an easy fix that should be made possible. There is no logical excuse otherwise. Virtually every company on the face of the planet allows this functionality for their customers. Could you imagine if Amazon forced the same draconian policy on their customers? Fix this, the sooner the better. Thanks.
2018-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules