DJI GO crashes on start up
2755 21 2018-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tacoman
lvl.1
United States

The DJI GO app on my ACER 8" tablet crashes on start up and won't launch.  It's been doing that ever since the last update almost 2 years ago.  I tried deleting the app and reinstalling it but it never starts.  So I tried this on a brand new Samsung 10" tablet with lastest download from the app store.  Still crashes and doesn't not start.  Also tried this on my Samsung S7 phone and still no go.  What's going on?  It used to work flawlessly on my ACER tablet.

2018-8-2
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft

What version of Go app makes the trouble? And what RC/AC system are you using?
2018-8-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi. I do apologize for the inconvenience and trouble that this caused you. I would like to clarify, may I know if the firmware of your Phantom 3 Standard is updated? Also, have you tried to re-link your RC to your AC before you connect your mobile device? For reference, please see the attached video tutorial below. Thank you.

2018-8-2
Use props
tacoman
lvl.1
United States

I update the software every time it prompts me when I start because I can't run app unless it's updated.  But ever since the last update about 2 years ago, I could never start the app, it just crashes.  So I really can't say what version I have because I can never get the app to start.  Mind you, that I have tried numerous times deleting and re-installing the app to no avail.  As stated in my original thread that I even tried to install the app on both my Samsung S7 phone and my Samsung 10" tablet as well.  Nothing works and those devices never had the app installed before.  The lastest now is it comes up with an error stating my device is not supported.

What does the RC/AC stand for?  Sorry, I'm new to the forum.
2018-8-3
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

RC is remote control.   AC is aircraft.
2018-8-3
Use props
tacoman
lvl.1
United States

Thank you, ALABAMA.  I don't think it's a linking issue because I can't get the app to start.  But I'll try to re-link it tonight after I get home from work.
2018-8-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

tacoman Posted at 2018-8-3 12:50
Thank you, ALABAMA.  I don't think it's a linking issue because I can't get the app to start.  But I'll try to re-link it tonight after I get home from work.

App crashing issues are usually due to running on a sub-standard phone or tablet.
2018-8-3
Use props
tacoman
lvl.1
United States

Can you please define sub-standard?  Did the newer releases of the GO app have higher requirements now?  It used to run fine on my ACER 8" tablet.  I don't remember when I got it, but I think it's 3 years old.  My Samsung S7 is over 2 years old and my Samsung 10" tablet is 1 year old.  I'll try and reinstall it tonight on all 3 devices and check again.  It's been a few months since I've tried.  Maybe even make a video and upload it to youtube.
2018-8-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

tacoman Posted at 2018-8-3 13:13
Can you please define sub-standard?  Did the newer releases of the GO app have higher requirements now?  It used to run fine on my ACER 8" tablet.  I don't remember when I got it, but I think it's 3 years old.  My Samsung S7 is over 2 years old and my Samsung 10" tablet is 1 year old.  I'll try and reinstall it tonight on all 3 devices and check again.  It's been a few months since I've tried.  Maybe even make a video and upload it to youtube.

DJI Go is a great app but it keeps putting on weight and needing more resources with later versions.
Some tablets that were OK a year ago, don't run the app satisfactorily nowdays.
These days you need 3GB of RAM and a fast processor.
It's unlikely a 3 yr old Acer would have enough power to run the app properly.
2018-8-3
Use props
tacoman
lvl.1
United States

That's very unfortunate that you have to upgrade tablets every year just to fly your drone because they can't keep it simple.  Guess I'll have to take a loss and sell my P3 and go back to RC planes and helicopters.  Thanks for the help everyone!
2018-8-3
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Germany

DJI Go is an pocket of tools in on app,Some of us asked DJI for the Go App as piloting app for DJI AC´s only It must provide a safe flight with log function,not less and not more. The app is unpacked more than 300 MB long and very resources hungry. The software engineers should make this app more effective and shorter.
2018-8-4
Use props
bmvali
lvl.1

Iran

hi
I installed DJI GO version 1.3.5
It works on my phone

my phone is : CCIT HUGE 501
Android my phone is 4.2.2

When I try to sign into account, it gives network error
(network unavailable, check your internet connection)
While my Internet is connected and no problem
1.3.6 or Higher versions on my phone Error Unfortunately, DJI GO has stopped
How do I fix this problem?
2018-8-10
Use props
Peterx
First Officer

Both android an iOs versions are now 3.1.43as i see.
2018-8-10
Use props
bmvali
lvl.1

Iran

Peterx Posted at 2018-8-10 06:42
Both android an iOs versions are now 3.1.43as i see.

Yes, but in the version above 3.1.5 the program is closed
2018-8-10
Use props
Peterx
First Officer

You may look intro the settings > apps>active apps and force to stop all DJI related back round tasks and start DJI Go again. Before you make that switch your mobile in to the airplane mode.
2018-8-10
Use props
bmvali
lvl.1

Iran

Peterx Posted at 2018-8-10 22:25
You may look intro the settings > apps>active apps and force to stop all DJI related back round tasks and start DJI Go again. Before you make that switch your mobile in to the airplane mode.

I do it, but it did not work and it still has trouble opening
2018-8-10
Use props
Peterx
First Officer

May be the phone does not process the Go app from 3.1.6 on. If you have another mobile than the CCIT you van try it with the recent version. On my MPQC the app says it has been stopped but continue the job as i wish. It´s strange.
2018-8-11
Use props
tacoman
lvl.1
United States

UPDATE:  I purchased Litchi and installed it on my Samsung S7 and it's working.  I'm flying again after 2 years of trying to get DJI GO to work.  Best $25 I have spent this year.  Sorry DJI, I'm NOT going to upgrade a perfectly working device just so I can run your resource hog of a software every time a new version comes out.  You've lost me as a customer.  I'll fly my P3 until it dies and go with a different brand.
2018-8-11
Use props
Peterx
First Officer

DJI Go should work on S7 .
2018-8-12
Use props
tacoman
lvl.1
United States

Peterx Posted at 2018-8-12 03:59
DJI Go should work on S7 .

It doesn't on mine.  Never did and my phone is up to date.  Tried the install multiple times.  Just the same error as bmvali above.  Doesn't matter now, it's working with Litchi and I'm not going back to DJI GO even if it works.  Thanks Peterx, I appreciate you trying to help.
2018-8-12
Use props
Peterx
First Officer

IF Litchi got the settings for your bird then fly save and have fun.
2018-8-12
Use props
bmvali
lvl.1

United Kingdom

bmvali Posted at 2018-8-10 23:33
I do it, but it did not work and it still has trouble opening

After trying out 20 different versions
My problem was solved by installing version DJI GO--For products before P4 3.1.10
download link download
2018-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules