OTG with USB-C does not Connect to Samsung S9+ Android
1802 6 2018-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MikeMerci
lvl.1
Flight distance : 43953 ft
Austria

As the new Firmwar has been released I also wanted to connect by OTG. I am using the original DJI Cable and also the original OTG Connector (Type C) which is delivered with the Samsung s9+

I tried severel times - I do not get a connection. I could not a thread in the forum about this specification. OTG with USB-C does not connect to Samsung S9+ Android. I am really tired of that weak WLAN connections.

2018-8-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Sorry for this trouble, may you please provide us a specific connection error that you are having right now? You may post it here a screenshot for us to determine the exact issue. Thank you.
2018-8-3
Use props
MikeMerci
lvl.1
Austria

- just in case you want to see my setting. The phone I needed to take the picture.
2018-8-3
Use props
MikeMerci
lvl.1
Austria

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-8-3 11:01
Sorry for this trouble, may you please provide us a specific connection error that you are having right now? You may post it here a screenshot for us to determine the exact issue. Thank you.

Thanks for taking the time.

I do not get a OTG Cable connection between the remote controller and my Samsung S9+ (Android on USB C) - I turnded on drone, the controller, and connected controller with my phone. I never get the connected. It is always disconnected. (Only if I connect the WIFI it connects. But I do get away from the WIFI connection as I cannot fly more then 100 / 200 meters and the connection gets lost. (I am in Austria Europe)
2018-8-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

MikeMerci Posted at 2018-8-3 11:18
Thanks for taking the time.

I do not get a OTG Cable connection between the remote controller and my Samsung S9+ (Android on USB C) - I turnded on drone, the controller, and connected controller with my phone. I never get the connected. It is always disconnected. (Only if I connect the WIFI it connects. But I do get away from the WIFI connection as I cannot fly more then 100 / 200 meters and the connection gets lost. (I am in Austria Europe)

Thank you for your response. Based on the list of the tested and recommended device, Samsung S9+ is not yet included. Therefore, this mobile device won't work with either WiFi or OTG cable in connecting on the Spark's remote controller. We highly recommend using those devices on the list. Please see the image below.

2018-8-3
Use props
liamski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125784 ft
United Kingdom

MikeMerci Posted at 2018-8-3 11:11
[view_image] - just in case you want to see my setting. The phone I needed to take the picture.

I think your issue is the cable is the wrong way around. The 'OTG' part of it should go into the controller. OTG cables are uni-directional, I had a similar issue before with my S7Edge. I use this https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/152899179167?chn=ps&var=452658694284 with my S9+ with no issues. The OTG part of it is on the Micro-USB end which goes into the controller. I'm 99% sure this is your problem.
2018-8-4
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

What you need is an otg adaptercable MICRO to USB C
Easiest to try is:

That goes IN the RC
Here you connect your charger cable to the phone,.

And in case it works:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Micro-U ... ntrol-/392001162750
2018-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules