2447 74 2018-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheLazyC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1357356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looking to get a case for my P4PV2.0 and just found PhantomHelp link to cases on Amazon. I really like the looks and custom insert of the Nanuk case.
Does anyone now if it fits the v2.0 model?

I have 4 batteries and extra props along with a iPad 9.7" that I would like to all fit.

This is the one, I was looking at

Nanuk Case
2018-8-3
Use props
Snakelover
lvl.4

United States

https://store.dji.com/product/mu ... -for-phantom-series

I this this will work, It holds everything.
2018-8-3
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

P4P and P4P V2.0 are physically the same size, so, yes it will fit.
Good also that it holds the bird with the props on.

2018-8-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Yes, that Nanuk case would be a great choice and very sturdy case for your aircraft.

I have the Plasticase Nanuk 945 hard side case and love it.

Yes, it will hold everything, and then some... plenty of extra space for stuff you never thought you would also place in there.
Like your Lume Cubes with mounts... maybe even an extra battery charger. ;-)

I have the Phantom 3 Pro’, and bought the DJI branded hard shell backpack first.

Yeah, but soon desired more storage room and extra battery slots. The Nanuk 945 provided all of that, with superior protection.

I bought mine at a local camera shop.
https://www.vistek.ca/search/?q=Nanuk+950
You can often get a much better deal price wise on them if you buy the pick and pluck foam insert...
Shop around, you may find a better price, with delivery included.

RedHotPoker
2018-8-3
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1482434 ft
  • >>>

Nanuk is good and lets you leave the props on.
TLC depends what you want the case to do. If you want throw the P4 into a case and hike off for miles then the hard case won't do the task. If however, you want a case that you can chuck in your car, ship off in storage etc then hard case.
I've got a couple of HPRC cases (http://www.hprc.it/en/cases/) but the wheeled one is pretty heavy.

2018-8-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

sky wombat Posted at 2018-8-3 22:44
Nanuk is good and lets you leave the props on.
TLC depends what you want the case to do. If you want throw the P4 into a case and hike off for miles then the hard case won't do the task. If however, you want a case that you can chuck in your car, ship off in storage etc then hard case.
I've got a couple of HPRC cases (http://www.hprc.it/en/cases/) but the wheeled one is pretty heavy.

Which one of those hprc cases do you use for your Phantom?

Can you post a pic with it inside. Do you leave your props on?

RedHotPoker
2018-8-4
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

OK RHP (lets hope these post OK) 2700 = P3A & 2700W = P4P

HPRC2700

HPRC2700

HPRC 26700W

HPRC 26700W
2018-8-4
Use props
Ray_Drone_Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 531640 ft
Brazil

I was thinking to buy the Nanuk as well but now after all these positive comments I'm sure I will buy one. Seems to be a really good case.
2018-8-4
Use props
Michael Kemper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1709583 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've been very happy with this Case Club case. However, it's rather bulky. Fine for most everything other than jamming into an overhead bin, which I haven't tried yet.
2018-8-4
Use props
djiuser_rwujBJmuuMi4
lvl.4
Brazil

Benro Hiker HD250N, nice backpack for my P4Pro+, four extra batteries, filters, charger etc...

https://www.benroeu.com/products/benro-hd250n.aspx
2018-8-4
Use props
TheLazyC
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I ordered the Nanuk 945 today, supposed to be here on Wednesday. I will post photos after I move all my equipment over to it. I had forgot to mention my Lume Cube mount and two Lume Cubes. I hope everything fits. I like to keep it all together, including charges for DJI and iPad. I have lots of extra microSD cards, and one thing I did not see room for was my sunshade, will have to see when it gets here...

My drone stays with me everyday and it travels with me everywhere I go. Never know when you will need it so rather have it and not need it then to need it and not have it.
2018-8-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

sky wombat Posted at 2018-8-4 03:38
OK RHP (lets hope these post OK) 2700 = P3A & 2700W = P4P

Those are nice cases for sure. I like the red interiors. That looks great.,

Interesting how your props are set tilted, where mine are set straight across.

RedHotPoker
2018-8-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Michael Kemper Posted at 2018-8-4 06:24
I've been very happy with this Case Club case. However, it's rather bulky. Fine for most everything other than jamming into an overhead bin, which I haven't tried yet.

Yeah, it’s certainly sturdy. But I don’t require another set of wheels. ;-)
Plenty enough battery storage, (mine will hold seven flight packs).  With one in the drone, of course.

Those cases look seriously heavy. You need wheels... so you won’t be hiking anywhere off the beaten path with that design.
But I like mine, to firmly belt onto the passenger seat of my SpYder RS-S. ha

Also bought the Nanuk awesome padded shoulder strap for it too, makes it’s really comfortable...

RedHotPoker
2018-8-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

TheLazyC Posted at 2018-8-4 10:17
I ordered the Nanuk 945 today, supposed to be here on Wednesday. I will post photos after I move all my equipment over to it. I had forgot to mention my Lume Cube mount and two Lume Cubes. I hope everything fits. I like to keep it all together, including charges for DJI and iPad. I have lots of extra microSD cards, and one thing I did not see room for was my sunshade, will have to see when it gets here...

My drone stays with me everyday and it travels with me everywhere I go. Never know when you will need it so rather have it and not need it then to need it and not have it.

Great choice, awesome decision.  What colour of one did you pick?  Mine is Olive.
When your Nanuk 945 arrives, open the lid wide open and look at the slot at the very back.
Will your sun shade perhaps fit in there? That’s  where I place my iPad and booklet.

Plenty of room for your Lume Cubes with mounts attached or removed as well.

Even room for a second OEM DJI 100w charger, if you are like me... grin

RedHotPoker
2018-8-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

djiuser_rwujBJmuuMi4 Posted at 2018-8-4 08:03
Benro Hiker HD250N, nice backpack for my P4Pro+, four extra batteries, filters, charger etc...

It’s nice to have access, to the forests, fields and streams..slim light back packs are swell.

RedHotPoker
2018-8-4
Use props
iamjustjohn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 995600 ft
United States

I have a HUL case found on Amazon. It's been a great case for me so far but I don't think I'd trust it if I was going to be flying on an airline with it. It does the job just fine for what I need it to do. One of the selling points for me besides the price was the fact that I could leave the props on.
2018-8-4
Use props
TheLazyC
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-8-4 12:12
Great choice, awesome decision.  What colour of one did you pick?  Mine is Olive.
When your Nanuk 945 arrives, open the lid wide open and look at the slot at the very back.
Will your sun shade perhaps fit in there? That’s  where I place my iPad and booklet.

I got the YELLOW one. Looking forward to it. I have a backpack now that I put the DJI shell in that will work if I ever need to "hike" to my spot, but this fat boy doesn't do much hiking!!!
2018-8-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

TheLazyC Posted at 2018-8-4 18:04
I got the YELLOW one. Looking forward to it. I have a backpack now that I put the DJI shell in that will work if I ever need to "hike" to my spot, but this fat boy doesn't do much hiking!!!

Lug that hefty case around some, and you won’t be a fat boy for long.... haha

Unless of course, the case is full of cheeseburgers... Chuckles
501F30F9-1742-47E3-A71F-4A381D2E5EE4.jpeg

RedHotPoker
2018-8-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

iamjustjohn Posted at 2018-8-4 17:08
I have a HUL case found on Amazon. It's been a great case for me so far but I don't think I'd trust it if I was going to be flying on an airline with it. It does the job just fine for what I need it to do. One of the selling points for me besides the price was the fact that I could leave the props on.

Do you have a pic of yours, or a link?

RedHotPoker
2018-8-4
Use props
iamjustjohn
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-8-4 18:16
Do you have a pic of yours, or a link?

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 375&pid=1393505

2018-8-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Ah yes, of course. Very nice....

RedHotPoker
2018-8-4
Use props
iamjustjohn
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-8-4 18:20
Ah yes, of course. Very nice....

I've since added a third HC battery and an iPad Mini 4.

Plenty of room for all of those necessities and then some.
2018-8-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

iamjustjohn Posted at 2018-8-4 18:22
I've since added a third HC battery and an iPad Mini 4.

Plenty of room for all of those necessities and then some.

Yes, that’s what I love about these larger drone cases. Room for the kitchen sink... ha
009ED35E-5A38-4C91-B911-20A69254D43D.jpeg What more do you really need? Wicked grin...

RedHotPoker
2018-8-4
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

TheLazyC Posted at 2018-8-4 10:17
I ordered the Nanuk 945 today, supposed to be here on Wednesday. I will post photos after I move all my equipment over to it. I had forgot to mention my Lume Cube mount and two Lume Cubes. I hope everything fits. I like to keep it all together, including charges for DJI and iPad. I have lots of extra microSD cards, and one thing I did not see room for was my sunshade, will have to see when it gets here...

TLC if you need smaller cases try the Pelican range (http://www.pelican.com/us/en/). I have a few of these for GPS, weather stuff etc and you can stand on them if you need to (or are clumsy enough). Just have a look around and read a few user comments but remember that some of the cheaper items don't stand up to general wear and tear like being thrown into the back of a truck etc.
2018-8-4
Use props
rexster314
lvl.3

United States

I bought this one from Amazon last year. Built like a tank.
Case Club DJI Wheeled Case
2018-8-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

sky wombat Posted at 2018-8-4 19:30
TLC if you need smaller cases try the Pelican range (http://www.pelican.com/us/en/). I have a few of these for GPS, weather stuff etc and you can stand on them if you need to (or are clumsy enough). Just have a look around and read a few user comments but remember that some of the cheaper items don't stand up to general wear and tear like being thrown into the back of a truck etc.

Do you beat your stuff up, pretty good?

RedHotPoker
2018-8-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

rexster314 Posted at 2018-8-4 19:32
I bought this one from Amazon last year. Built like a tank.
Case Club DJI Wheeled Case

Wheeled cases always seem too large...

RedHotPoker
2018-8-4
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
  • >>>

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-8-4 21:15
Do you beat your stuff up, pretty good?

well it doesn't get a hot chocolate or tucked in at night but it's used in a rural environment so some hard knocks.
2018-8-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

sky wombat Posted at 2018-8-4 23:31
well it doesn't get a hot chocolate or tucked in at night but it's used in a rural environment so some hard knocks.

Depends where you’re tucking it.. ha

I think most of our choices here, have all been very decent products.

Able to take some bumping and jostling, with little bruising.  ;-)

RedHotPoker
2018-8-5
Use props
TheLazyC
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I received my case today. I have mixed feelings. I like the size, color but not ALL of my stuff fits. I do not have a slot for my iPad 9.7" In the reviews/questions on Amazon, it was asked and other users stated that they stored TWO iPad 9.7" tablets. Currently I have a terry cloth laying on top of my drone and iPad laying on top of that. Not crazy about that because the drone pokes upwards and creates a pivot point and I can see it shattering the iPad if pressure is created on the top.

Second, observation is the prop stabilizers, they do not fit the v2.0 style because they are wider and do not lay flat in the space allotted.

The large accessories slot does hold charger, cables and spare props, but is not organized and had to unmount my Lume Cubes from the brackets to get it all to fit. My neck strap for RC just lays on top.

The drone and RC fit nicely as well as the batteries.

I was considering trying to cut the foam to allow the iPad to fit but it will not fit vertical because it would be too tall and there is not enough physical room to lay horizontally between the props.

And know where to put my sunshade...

I guess lastly, will probably cost me money because I hate to see two empty battery holes, will need to fill those with two more batteries to give me a total of 5.
And I did get the 950, the wheeled version

Nanuk 950

Nanuk 950
2018-8-8
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Case Club unit has a slot for the iPad .....in your pic, front of the drone on the hinge side.......Works perfect!!  Start slicin and dicin.....

Randy
2018-8-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

TheLazyC Posted at 2018-8-8 12:33
I received my case today. I have mixed feelings. I like the size, color but not ALL of my stuff fits. I do not have a slot for my iPad 9.7" In the reviews/questions on Amazon, it was asked and other users stated that they stored TWO iPad 9.7" tablets. Currently I have a terry cloth laying on top of my drone and iPad laying on top of that. Not crazy about that because the drone pokes upwards and creates a pivot point and I can see it shattering the iPad if pressure is created on the top.

Second, observation is the prop stabilizers, they do not fit the v2.0 style because they are wider and do not lay flat in the space allotted.

Nice case, wheels and all. ;-)

You can just push those rotor holders down, out of the way...

Your case appears somewhat smaller than my Nanuk 945... why is that..

RedHotPoker
2018-8-8
Use props
P4P+_Brazil
lvl.4
Brazil

djiuser_rwujBJmuuMi4 Posted at 2018-8-4 08:03

2018-8-18
Use props
mrbill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 717100 ft
United Kingdom

I bought one of these -

https://www.heliguy.com/hprc-wheeled-phantom-4-hard-case-p3900
2018-9-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

mrbill Posted at 2018-9-21 08:18
I bought one of these -

https://www.heliguy.com/hprc-wheeled-phantom-4-hard-case-p3900

Looks good.

Post a pic with your drone and flight kit packed in it... please.

RedHotPoker
2018-9-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Nice backpack.

Is it comfortable to wear?

The DJI hardshell backpack is really comfy...

RedHotPoker
2018-9-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

TheLazyC Posted at 2018-8-8 12:33

Lume Cube have designed a nice padded case for our Lamps and mounts.

http://www.lumecube.com/164.html

A home for your Lume Cube gear. Designed to securely hold 2 Lume Cubes + one main accessory (GoPro Bar, Drone Mounts, Light Houses) + additional accessories in the zipper-sealed pouch. Or simply use the Zipper Case to hold up to 10 Lume Cubes. Made with custom cut internal foam, all-around external protection and a rubberized grip for easy carrying. Traveling with your lighting gear has never been easier!
FA58B2A6-51B0-4CD7-BB8C-A911DBB86A89.jpeg

RedHotPoker

322F397F-9E41-452A-829D-9078170D50F4.jpeg
2018-9-21
Use props
P4P+_Brazil
lvl.4
Brazil

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-9-21 09:42
Nice backpack.

Is it comfortable to wear?

Absolutely, very comfortable.