Does fly away or loss of control happen on GPS mode or Atti mode too?
1235 9 2015-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
astoriablvd
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Which is more common do you thinnk?

If you can see the drone, is it safer to fly on Atti mode?  
2015-5-24
Use props
Airosa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

Fly away can happen in either case. I believe it would only happen due to some IMU or compass issue.
As a rule of thumb, you should always be able to see the quad (LoS)
If you fully trust your quad, GPS will take care of basics. Specially if you're looking into getting a photo while hovering.
For ATTI, it's a must that you should have enough experience to fly manual.
But if you have no experience flying ATTI, the chances of a fly away are greater.

I would suggest practicing on a P2 or 3 first before you fly a bigger bird ATTI.
It's important to know how to fly manual. It can save you from bigger problems.
2015-5-24
Use props
tapboxer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 824672 ft
United States

I do believe its the GPS system causing the flyways. If it ever happens to me, the first thing I will do it flip it to Att. mode to try and regain control. That would be the only real chance you would have and if it doesn't work, then i'll know its not the GPS, but I can't see it being anything else.
2015-5-25
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

tapboxer@gmail. Posted at 2015-5-25 19:38
I do believe its the GPS system causing the flyways. If it ever happens to me, the first thing I wil ...

That is my suspicion as well.  If a bug is trashing the GPS data internally and the Inspire is using GPS to hold current position, it could suddenly be fooled into thinking "current position" is ten feet to the south - or a mile to the east.  And suddenly it goes tearing off in search of that "current position."

I am hoping we hear from someone who does a quick switch to Atti when one of these incidents starts happening.  The result may provide a critical answer.
2015-5-25
Use props
mstolk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 421342 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

PeteGould Posted at 2015-5-25 20:41
That is my suspicion as well.  If a bug is trashing the GPS data internally and the Inspire is usi ...

I also believe this is causing it,

see my  experience of yesterday

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D217%26typeid%3D217
2015-5-25
Use props
astoriablvd
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

So, can we assume that operating in ATTI mode will significantly reduce the chance of fly away incident?  I suspect the GPS malfunction too.  If there's not much wind and you can see where the drone is, there's no reason to fly in GPS mode and risk fly away.
2015-5-25
Use props
FlyingSquirrel
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17141325 ft
  • >>>
Argentina

I fly 90% of the time in ATTI - I know I won't have any GPS surprises. My first i1 was bricked when updated out of the box. The repalcement has been updated to latest fw and had no issues. Ive flown in complicated and densely populated areas without glitches or losses with Iphone 6 plus and Galaxy Tab 4. Both running smooth. My recommendation is to fly ATTI as much as you can.
2015-5-25
Use props
astoriablvd
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

FlyingSquirrel Posted at 2015-5-26 05:41
I fly 90% of the time in ATTI - I know I won't have any GPS surprises. My first i1 was bricked when  ...

Thanks.  That's a good advice.
2015-5-25
Use props
vu.q.le
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-5-25
Use props
Goodwill
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

What's the difference with flying in ATTI mode compared to GPS mode when there is no wind? Will it automatically drift? I'm thinking I might change my controller to multiple flight mode, and then in case I loose control flip to switch to ATTI mode and just land, has anyone experienced this?
2015-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules