2366 4 2018-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Supashot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 108173 ft
Japan

Hi,

I didn't use my Drone for few weeks and it asked me to do the update, wich I did and failed.
-I use an Ipad mini. I don't have any other message than update failed and I sent the report 2 or 3 times. I restarted the drone and remote control many times, changed the battery too. I saw in the forum pressing the top right in the mobile app to get the firmware menu selection. I have tried to downgrade to previous versions all failed.
I remove the app reinstalled it, didn't help neither. I try to remove the sd card from the Mavic, nothing.

-I tried from my mac using the latest DJI asssistant: I cannot login because the random password doesn't show up and the drone is not detected. I changed the USB cable, reboot my computer reinstalled DJI assistant twice. Nothing happens only "waiting for backend to boot up"

I am in a remote location and very frustrated that I can't use it.
I saw some posts recommending to put the firmware directly on the sd card, any hints?

The drone is using FW 01.04.0300

2018-8-4
Use props
Supashot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 108173 ft
Japan

Solved after opening the Asssistant many times I was finally able to login and run the FW update. Lesson learn: DO NOT update the fw from the mobile app.
2018-8-4
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Glad you got it sorted. I never had good luck using mobile to update. I always use my PC
2018-8-4
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Supashot Posted at 2018-8-4 09:11
Solved after opening the Asssistant many times I was finally able to login and run the FW update. Lesson learn: DO NOT update the fw from the mobile app.

Supashot
I agree with rolling56 about always updating from the PC. Mobil devices sometime loose connection when using Wi-Fi and most phones try using that instead of using a data plan.

Glad you got the firmware update.
Fly safe.
2018-8-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry if you have to experience this concern for updating the firmware, however, glad to know that you were able to sort the issue. Please keep us posted in any case you need our assistance. Thank you.
2018-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules