NFZ - Mavic Pro
1748 9 2018-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dbehr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18990 ft
Israel

I have unlocked officially via DJI an NFZ area and got the required permission to fly. But even when I fly in another area at all, the NFZ is in effect and can not take off.
I have disabled the NFZ toggle. How can I delete the NFZ from the Mavic Pro ? I have updated to latest Firmware and DJI Go 4 , using IOS Ipad 2017 .
Contacted DJI Support, but they don't have an answer. Thx.
2018-8-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused. I would like to clarify if you manage to reach our team. The restricted area can be unlocked via our website or sending an email to our team, however, it will unlock the specific location that we're requesting for. I would like to ask if you're trying to fly your drone in another location which is part of restricted as well?
2018-8-6
Use props
dbehr
lvl.1
Israel

Hi DJI Tony, Thx. for replying. I have contacted DJI Support , but all their answers did not work.
They disabled the NFZ of that area, and I set the toggle of NFZ to Off. When trying to fly in another area at all, I can't take off as if I am in an NFZ area. According to the Support request , I sent them files from the Mavic with Assitant 2 and Itunes (from the Ipad-DJO Go 4). All Firmware is updated to the  latest.  They forwarded the files to DJI Tech. team. Hope to get an answer as I can't fly the Mavic
2018-8-6
Use props
dbehr
lvl.1
Israel

Tony, In addition to above, each time I power on the DJI Go 4 App, the Toggle of the NFZ (in General Settings ) is set to "On" although I turned it Off in the previous session, but still can't fly.
2018-8-6
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

How long have you had the aircraft , maybe you can exchange it for a Altel EVO ?
2018-8-6
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

There are some ways to remove NFZ but you have to google for it. I send you a PM to help you
2018-8-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

dbehr Posted at 2018-8-6 20:44
Hi DJI Tony, Thx. for replying. I have contacted DJI Support , but all their answers did not work.
They disabled the NFZ of that area, and I set the toggle of NFZ to Off. When trying to fly in another area at all, I can't take off as if I am in an NFZ area. According to the Support request , I sent them files from the Mavic with Assitant 2 and Itunes (from the Ipad-DJO Go 4). All Firmware is updated to the  latest.  They forwarded the files to DJI Tech. team. Hope to get an answer as I can't fly the Mavic

Hi, sorry for the late response. I would like to clarify for what you've mentioned that you're trying to fly the drone in a different area, is it part of the location which you manage to unlock?
2018-8-7
Use props
dbehr
lvl.1
Israel

Hi Tony, The area I was trying to fly is far away from the NFZ that was unlocked for me. In addition, each time I restart the system (MAVIC Pro-DJI GO 4), the toggle of the NFZ is in the "On" position although I turned it to "off" in the previous session. I haven't yet heard from DJI Support, they are waiting for Tech. support,
2018-8-7
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

I used NLD to rid my MP drone of NFZ. I live near an airport and have authorization from the Airport manager to fly; I am also an adult and have years of exp flying quads and drones. DJI tried to police my drone and one bad experience after another and I just got tired of it. No more NFZ, forced landings or "Cannot Fly's" for me! No regrets and since it is a software mod it leaves my warranty and care refresh in tact. I have also turned off DJI's capability to track my movements or log my AC data. No more. Maybe DJI needs to ask it's customers if they want this turned on or off during setup.. very simple. Give pilots the choice to take responsibility for their own actions. What a concept! FlySafe by educating customers and allowing them to make good choices and decisions!?!?!

Oh and to fix your problem you will need to go into your "Unlocking" and turn off the custom unlock and then sync to the aircraft... then you have to unlock again for that area you are in outside of your custom unlock. (I have danced to this tune already!) Be sure you have internet access to your GO mobile device while doing this or you do not get to fly. I never had any luck turning it off through DJI software. It always wanted to update and enable itself... and very very buggy/unreliable; confidence in it dwindled to nothing after about the 5th failed flight and the BIG RED CANNOT FLY banner across my DJI GO app when I had no internet access to unlock it. pffft. Nothing more disappointing than traveling 45 minutes to your favorite nature spot to get some shots of that awesome stream and maybe some wild life only to be limited by DJI resrictions. Never again!

Good luck! I chose to fly! No more NFZ with NLD!
If DJI reads this post.. consider what I am saying... 80% + of your customers hack or bypass your systems to be able to use your products in the manner they choose. Do you really want to police the drones or sell them? Educate customers... offer training.. Offer P107 classes if you are really concerend. Locking down and limits are made to be bypassed. Consider joining the community instead of working against it. We all love DJI products but the limits and oversight is a bit too much.
2018-8-8
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Bob Brown Posted at 2018-8-8 03:20
I used NLD to rid my MP drone of NFZ. I live near an airport and have authorization from the Airport manager to fly; I am also an adult and have years of exp flying quads and drones. DJI tried to police my drone and one bad experience after another and I just got tired of it. No more NFZ, forced landings or "Cannot Fly's" for me! No regrets and since it is a software mod it leaves my warranty and care refresh in tact. I have also turned off DJI's capability to track my movements or log my AC data. No more. Maybe DJI needs to ask it's customers if they want this turned on or off during setup.. very simple. Give pilots the choice to take responsibility for their own actions. What a concept! FlySafe by educating customers and allowing them to make good choices and decisions!?!?!

Oh and to fix your problem you will need to go into your "Unlocking" and turn off the custom unlock and then sync to the aircraft... then you have to unlock again for that area you are in outside of your custom unlock. (I have danced to this tune already!) Be sure you have internet access to your GO mobile device while doing this or you do not get to fly. I never had any luck turning it off through DJI software. It always wanted to update and enable itself... and very very buggy/unreliable; confidence in it dwindled to nothing after about the 5th failed flight and the BIG RED CANNOT FLY banner across my DJI GO app when I had no internet access to unlock it. pffft. Nothing more disappointing than traveling 45 minutes to your favorite nature spot to get some shots of that awesome stream and maybe some wild life only to be limited by DJI resrictions. Never again!

ya sUAS pilots have to do what they have to do. FAA isn't telling DJI to do what they are doing to their DJI Go 4 app and their crap firmware. NLD is very cheap for our expensive drones to take them back to when some of us first got our Mavics 1 1/2-2 years ago when the app ran decent and the firmware was a real upgrade and is what i was accustomed to. No i have nothing to do with NLD personally nor am i getting paid to type this. NLD is not for everyone but it sure is a lot more fun to fly now for me.
2018-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules