360 panorama
543 4 2018-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
istrapano
lvl.1

Croatia

so, I have some question before I will buy the mavic air, I want to be shure, I own the phantom 3 profesional and I satisfied what can you get for the 360 panorama,
100 Mpix panorama, you can see on this link one of my best works: France vs Croatia - Arena Pula
I saw that mavic air do 32 Mpix panorama and somehow blend the sky (I have a lot of skys) but it have 12Mpix sensor and 24mm ff instead 20 mm like phantom 3 pro.
32 Mpix is not something that I can acept, for faceboook is enought fb suport max 6000x3000.
So, does mavic air do automaticaly 12 Mpix photos that can later use for post processing on pc the panorama of 100 Mpx ? I hope it shot automaticly (sometime I use a special technic for reducing noise I shot burst and later median in photoshop reduce noise, comon precedure in astro photography)

2018-8-6
Use props
Ridg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232306 ft
United Kingdom

First great photo, looks completely illegal but hey who seams to care on this forum?

To answer your question, you can set the Go app to save the component images to the SD card, this gives you around 20 photos (file format depends on your settings) you can then do what you want with these.

I've checked one of mine that I stitched using ptgui and it's 18781*6578 so ~123MP
2018-8-6
Use props
Gigi Rock
lvl.2
Flight distance : 77392 ft
Romania

Automatic panorama is not that good (bad stitching, wrong exposure etc.) but it also takes raw photos (25/panorama - 360x180) that you can manually stitch.
I belive that with other software like Litchi you can take more than 25 photos.
2018-8-6
Use props
istrapano
lvl.1

Croatia

Gigi Rock Posted at 2018-8-6 23:56
Automatic panorama is not that good (bad stitching, wrong exposure etc.) but it also takes raw photos (25/panorama - 360x180) that you can manually stitch.
I belive that with other software like Litchi you can take more than 25 photos.

I meant only automatically shoting, for stitching there is no better than Autopano giga or PTgui. I do on phantom3 pro manual shoting by guessing 45°, but after a lot of panorama I have the magic touch to rotate 45° by feeling
two rounds of 8 pictures an 4 nadir (2 are enough, but to be sure )
2018-8-7
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

If you do it manually you can produce a 360 from the DNG files.  On my MP this gives me 155 mpixel or similar based on 34 DNG files. The air wont be any different to that.  Just use the pano mode to take the images ensuring raw capture is on and work with the DNGs later off the card.  Facebook will only take up to max 10000 x 5000px i think.
2018-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules