Have you successfully recovered from flyaway recently?
1111 5 2015-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
philbard
lvl.2
United States

A lot of people are experiencing flyaways since the last firmware update, but almost none of them say they tried switching to ATTI to recover from crazy behavior. Doing so would seem to indicate that there are GPS/compass issues (again). Has anyone done this with either success or failure?

2015-5-25
Use props
houston
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

It may be wise to mention that the system will never go int atti mode unless the app itself will allow the controller to do so. To make sure you are in "Multiple Flight Mode", go to MC Settings > Advanced Settings menu and turn on "Multiple Flight Mode". This is in version 1.1.1
2015-5-25
Use props
philbard
lvl.2
United States

houston Posted at 2015-5-26 02:36
It may be wise to mention that the system will never go int atti mode unless the app itself will all ...

Yes, good point...
2015-5-25
Use props
lkedziora
lvl.2
Flight distance : 808491 ft
Poland

IMHO most flyaways are caused by interferrence  disrupting radio link. I always check before flight if there are no BTS's and especially directional antennas. I dont fly between two nearest directional antennas (up to a few kilometers) because the radio beam between them is much stronger than the signal from my controler. Most flyaways are nothing more than taking the unit under control by strong radio signal from directional antennas. I know what I say as my flyaway was recorded by Flytrex Live 3G and it was the only explanation of the flyaway. It happened exactly in spot where my unit crossed beam between two directional antennas (the nearest antenna  was 400 m from the spot and the second antenna was at distance about 7 km). Luckily I saved my unit in this way:
- I switched off and on my controler;
- Instantly after switching the controler on I power up the thrust in order to leave the radio beam from the directional antennas.
I am sure that this way will help to save Your units too.
2015-5-26
Use props
philbard
lvl.2
United States

Sounds like that is indeed what happened to you.  Certainly radio interference would cause problems with remote-to-craft communication. I'm looking to hear from people who have suffered flyways in areas where there is no obvious cause, and who have perhaps switched to ATTI to recover, or switched off the remote as you did, or used some other way that allowed them to take control of their bird back.  Hoping this will shed some light on the sudden increase in flyways since the last firmware upgrade.

So far, nobody has answered, which is interesting in and of itself...
2015-5-26
Use props
heritage
New

United Kingdom

We are considering Inspire 1 - but have P2+ - upgraded all firmware this week - tested to see if more stable.  Oh dear.  I did one flight ok with good control - in the middle of countryside with fields all around.  Second flight - took off, suddenly all comms lost, and drone eventually landed itself in the middle of the local steam railway tracks - stopped, then took off and returned to me on its own.  Luckily without a steam train damaging it, or the other way around.  I have zero confidence in DJI as a result, cannot use it for what it was purchased for, and based on the forums, will NOT be buying Inspire 1 unless DJI can convince the world their flight controls are bullet proof.  Incidentally - can anyone confirm that these are ONLY line of sight control?  Every time my P2+ goes behind a building for eg, I lose control.
Thanks!
2015-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules