August 23rd at 10am: NEW DJI EVENT (Mavic 2)
6987 29 2018-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Claudia Fischer
lvl.3
Germany

DJI just announced a new date for their postponed ‘See the Bigger Picture’ event that was originally scheduled for July 18th. The new date is now August 23rd and the event will take place in the NY Metro Area at 10 am EST. Details of the event were shared in an email with DroneDJ. This time around there will not be a special press/media event taking place before the main event. Of course, the new Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic 2 Zoom are widely expected to be introduced on that day by the world’s leading drone maker.

Source: DroneDJ.com
2018-8-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate your interest. Any incoming updates will be cascaded in our official website: (https://www.dji.com/)Thank you for your support.
2018-8-7
Use props
_JayTee_
lvl.2

Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-8-7 07:55
Thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate your interest. Any incoming updates will be cascaded in our official website: (https://www.dji.com/)Thank you for your support.

If you've already confirmed the new date, which according to multiple sources you have, why is there still no official announcement on your website? DJI continue to ask people to check their offical site for updates yet they never give any. I don't understand the logic, DJI get frustrated when people are using alternative sources to get updates yet they don't create a solution.
2018-8-7
Use props
Exib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

_JayTee_ Posted at 2018-8-7 22:00
If you've already confirmed the new date, which according to multiple sources you have, why is there still no official announcement on your website? DJI continue to ask people to check their offical site for updates yet they never give any. I don't understand the logic, DJI get frustrated when people are using alternative sources to get updates yet they don't create a solution.

I agree why not add it to the official web site, why do they contact and send invitations out and then not add it to the official page at the same time, this stops speculation from people like me who hate waiting for things, I cant help it I have now patience  :-)
2018-8-7
Use props
CA Mavic Pro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 639652 ft
Lebanon

If they release mavic pro 2, I am sure it will have great new features and probably a much better camera..
2018-8-7
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

why is there still no official announcement on your website?

One could ask same about why there is no official annoucement about various software (firmware, OS, App, programs) problems.

2018-8-7
Use props
_JayTee_
lvl.2

Australia

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-8-7 23:33
why is there still no official announcement on your website?

One could ask same about why there is no official annoucement about various software (firmware, OS, App, programs) problems.

Exactly, DJI support in here are always telling us to watch the official news pages for updates but they never address actual issues there. But hang on they do post some important stuff, like how they painted a bear on a Spark

2018-8-7
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

_JayTee_ Posted at 2018-8-7 23:42
Exactly, DJI support in here are always telling us to watch the official news pages for updates but they never address actual issues there. But hang on they do post some important stuff, like how they painted a bear on a Spark

[view_image]

I am still waiting for DJI's Support (not website forum here) the Chat/Email/Phone to get back to me on two problems.  
Thank fully I learned something from Scuba diving that is applicable with DJI support - Never hold your breath.  
2018-8-7
Use props
dancopter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

A bit of an anti-climax after all the leaks!
2018-8-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

If you've already confirmed the new date, which according to multiple sources you have, why is there still no official announcement on your website? DJI continue to ask people to check their offical site for updates yet they never give any. I don't understand the logic, DJI get frustrated when people are using alternative sources to get updates yet they don't create a solution.

I don't want to provide any false information about this, we don't have any update to what specific product or when it will be release. Any official updates will be release in our official website. Thank you for understanding.
2018-8-8
Use props
GDL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Hong Kong

We are understand what you mean. But those canned replying are completely useless and just making people laugh. I think it’s too much to ask a China company to provide hummus and useful reply.
2018-8-8
Use props
_JayTee_
lvl.2

Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-8-8 01:17
I don't want to provide any false information about this, we don't have any update to what specific product or when it will be release. Any official updates will be release in our official website. Thank you for understanding.

No ones expecting you to provide details on a product that has not been announced yet but what has been announced is the event on the 23rd of August, which has been confirmed by people being sent the invitation, yet no where on your site is a mention of the event. So you are not even providing updates on things that have already been confirmed! It clearly shows one of DJI's biggest flaws and that is transparency with the customer. Instead all we ever get is a default copy and paste reply about you not having any information at this time but to please check dji.com for updates.
2018-8-8
Use props
COffe DE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4352438 ft
  • >>>
Germany

_JayTee_ Posted at 2018-8-8 18:04
No ones expecting you to provide details on a product that has not been announced yet but what has been announced is the event on the 23rd of August, which has been confirmed by people being sent the invitation, yet no where on your site is a mention of the event. So you are not even providing updates on things that have already been confirmed! It clearly shows one of DJI's biggest flaws and that is transparency with the customer. Instead all we ever get is a default copy and paste reply about you not having any information at this time but to please check dji.com for updates.

Well, obviously we as customers are never happy. If they launch to early and they can't ship swiftly we complain. If they postpone their event and avoid the same mistake happens again, we complain too. Not easy...
2018-8-9
Use props
rickysuperdog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 929429 ft
Hong Kong

Many people said they received the invitation of the 23 August event but no proof. Why argue just wait until 23 August and we got the answer.
2018-8-9
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

Instagram user www.instagram.com/boyanoo has a insta story where he says he has received a box from dji, next picture is a mavic pro 2 fly more combo box. It looks the same as the pictures seen from that leaked catalog.
2018-8-10
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

CuaC Posted at 2018-8-10 00:05
Instagram user www.instagram.com/boyanoo has a insta story where he says he has received a box from dji, next picture is a mavic pro 2 fly more combo box. It looks the same as the pictures seen from that leaked catalog.

If it ever has been there he was smart enough to quickly remove it or it was just clickbait from the outset.
2018-8-10
Use props
GDL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

Why DJI not announce the new event if already sent out the invitation? They afraid to postpone it again?
2018-8-10
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-8-10 00:16
If it ever has been there he was smart enough to quickly remove it or it was just clickbait from the outset.

But it could be fake.
2018-8-10
Use props
David J.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1231385 ft
United States

Has anyone seen a place to watch the event live?
2018-8-11
Use props
fans72dc9910
lvl.2

Will we be able to buy on August 23rd? This is the one to buy....
2018-8-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

David J. Posted at 2018-8-11 07:10
Has anyone seen a place to watch the event live?

You will see it on YT.
2018-8-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

fans72dc9910 Posted at 2018-8-16 05:54
Will we be able to buy on August 23rd? This is the one to buy....

I’m expecting you will, I believe this Mavic will ship on 24 th August with a bit of luck.
2018-8-16
Use props
Nelsonlee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>

DJI – See the Bigger Picture – Aug 23, 2018

2018-8-16
Use props
GoldenSun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 681903 ft
Poland

Haha "it's about time" I totally agree!
2018-8-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hope they got the gimbal 'fixed' now (or whatever the issue was)
2018-8-16
Use props
MoonBase
lvl.1

"It's about time"... Seems like they will be announcing new software/photography tools (along with new drones, hopefully). The video definitely leans towards some sort of aerial motion time-lapse / time-compression tools. Should be cool.
2018-8-21
Use props
Racingboy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 254754 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Looking forward to it. Tomorrow D-day
2018-8-22
Use props
Charissa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Hope this has everything we wanted on the MA.
2018-8-22
Use props
B1houdini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

I am ready for the big day.
Have credit card in hand. Just not telling the wife.
2018-8-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I will be fixing some woodwork on the roof, but when there is a coffee break I will check my laptop
2018-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules