$1200 paperweight
652 7 2018-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_ItKlEICh8ydX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1076102 ft

I’ve had my MP for about 4 months now and have never had any major issues until a few days ago. 200 flights , 27 hrs logged and never crashed.  My problem is I can’t connect to the aircraft.  The controller just says connecting. The aircraft has 2 solid red lights up front and a rapid yellow flashing light in the back.  I’ve been grounded  ever since.  

I’ve never had any luck with DJI support as far as a response to any of my issues in the past including when I owned the spark.  I had to send that into a private repair shop to get  fixed when I needed a speed control sensor replaced .  If anyone has any advice for me I would greatly appreciate it.  I purchased the care refresh or whatever DJI sells at time of purchase, but it doesn’t do anything for me if I can’t establish communication of any kind with support .

I was wondering if there is some type of factory reset I can try? I also have checked to make sure the switch on aircraft is set to RC which it is.  

This may or may not be my first ever post , if so my name is Tim and I’m from Seattle.
2018-8-9
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Any chance when removing or inserting microSD card you moved switch from RC to WiFi?  

Having seen a few flaky bad switches, including one that caused multi-million dollar system to intermitently crash, I would try sliding swtich to WiFi then back to RC to see if that gets Mavic Pro & RC connected.

2018-8-9
Use props
djiuser_ItKlEICh8ydX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1076102 ft

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-8-9 21:05
Any chance when removing or inserting microSD card you moved switch from RC to WiFi?  

Having seen a few flaky bad switches, including one that caused multi-million dollar system to intermitently crash, I would try sliding swtich to WiFi then back to RC to see if that gets Mavic Pro & RC connected.

Just tried doing what you said but still nothing..
2018-8-9
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

This might not have anything to do with it, but why is the gimbal disconnected?
You could also try doing a factory reset by plugging it to the assistant to your computer.

2018-8-9
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2018-8-9 21:33
This might not have anything to do with it, but why is the gimbal disconnected?
You could also try doing a factory reset by plugging it to the assistant to your computer.

I think it is because Remote Control won't connect with Mavic Pro, so GO-4 is showing invalid information.
Like Aircraft battery and battery Temperature are N/A
SD Card Capacity is not shown
All Camera info is N/A, except for AE.
2018-8-9
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

You might try following:
Connect Remote Control up to PC or Mac and see if Assistant-2 will show R.C.'s firmware.
If it does, then try refreshing R.C.'s firmware.  Then see if Remote Control and Mavic Pro will connect to each other.

Followed by:
Connect Mavic Pro up to PC or Mac and see if Assistant-2 will show Mavic Pro's firmware.  
If it does, then try refreshing Mavic Pro's firmware.  Then see if Remote Control and Mavic Pro will connect to each other.

I believe Assistant-2 menu will let you do a partial Reset of Mavic Pro.  Something worth trying too.

If neither of above work...
See if  you can switch Mavic Pro over to WiFi and connect via your SmartDevice's  WiFi.
At least it would give you idea as to status of Mavic Pro.

2018-8-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, we're sorry to read the issues. According to your description, it looks like the RC, aircraft and APP do not connect well, you may try to switch between the bottom and side port, or change another working cable to see whether the version numbers are available in About page. Alternatively, you may connect with DJI Assistant 2 to refresh the firmware. Make sure the firmware matched, and refer the tutorial video to link RC again to see whether it works.
2018-8-9
Use props
fans21546423
Second Officer
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

In some respects count yourself lucky.

If the drone cant connect and nothing has changed. (this only started happening after a firmware update for example) Then more than likely your drone has developed a fault.

Send it to a service centre to get it checked out. If it cant be repaired under warrantee and it costs you a few hundred bucks. Your be feeling a lot better than if this fault developed mid flight, and either you had a fly away or a crashed drone.
2018-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules