Assistent 2 on Virtualbox
1854 10 2018-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WillyA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 34859 ft
Netherlands

Yesterday received my Mavic Pro Platinum. It started immidiately complaining that the obstacle sensors (front anf bottom) must be calibrated. A quick calibration in de DJI Go 4 app didm't work, it needed to be done in the DJI Assistent 2.
As not owing a Windows or Mac pc I installed it on a Virtualbox on my LinuxMint installation; this is also used for some other interfacing with USB to navigation systems which work fine. But after a l ot of trying and searching (yes, installing the Assistent with driver signing disabled, yes 1600*900 resolution) it seemed to work. That is .. until it had calculated the results. Then I am confronted with this screen (see attached screenshot). Funny thng is .. it doesn't say what screensize it did detect, it is left empty. Now whatever screensize I put in the box (in inches, as resolution) it doesn't work. I can only press recalibrate and the whole cyclus starts again ending in the same result.
Searching for this topic gave also for Windows users lots of failures of the calibration by Assistent 2. And whats baffling me is that there is no Andorid version, or more ..  that you can't do it in the DJI Go 4 app (when run on a tablet the screen is pretty big).

What now ? How do I get the sensors calibrated ?

Screenshot at 2018-08-11 11-12-37.png
2018-8-11
Use props
WillyA
lvl.2
Netherlands

Forgotten but: LinuxMint 19, Virtualbox 5.2.10 with Windows 10 guest Enterprise Evaluation Windows build 1717134.rs4
2018-8-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles you are experiencing.  Unfortunately, the DJI Assistant 2 will only work thru a Windows PC or Mac. But we will coordinate this one to our developers for a future update. Thank you.
2018-8-11
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Maybe you have a friend or neighbour on whose PC you can do it?
2018-8-11
Use props
WillyA
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-8-11 03:05
Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles you are experiencing.  Unfortunately, the DJI Assistant 2 will only work thru a Windows PC or Mac. But we will coordinate this one to our developers for a future update. Thank you.

So .. basically you are telling me to buy a new PC or a Mac ...
That is quite disappointing.
2018-8-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

WillyA Posted at 2018-8-11 03:21
So .. basically you are telling me to buy a new PC or a Mac ...
That is quite disappointing.

Hi, you don' t have to buy a PC or a Mac. If you have friends that have one, you can download the DJI Assistant 2 and have your drone calibrate. It doesn't eat up too much space of the PC because its only about 250MB file. Thank you.
2018-8-11
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Did you remove the plastic pieces covering the sensors on the front and bottom?
2018-8-11
Use props
WillyA
lvl.2
Netherlands

rolling56 Posted at 2018-8-11 03:52
Did you remove the plastic pieces covering the sensors on the front and bottom?

Yep, I removed the plastics. CHecked it again when i read some one else made the same mistake. But the real problem is a technical one: it looks like the Assistent just doesn't work in my configuration (Virtbox) and gets confused after I did all the following of the blue boxes
2018-8-11
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

I don't think you're going to get any help from DJI until you run this on Windows or Mac. You don't have to buy a new PC, you can dual boot and install Windows on a seperate partition to do this. I run Elementary Loki here at home, but I have Windows as well.
2018-8-11
Use props
WillyA
lvl.2
Netherlands

Hi all,
Problem solved (installed a Win10 on a free partition and calibration went smooth) so no more protection plastics

To night is flying time
2018-8-12
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-8-11 03:05
Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles you are experiencing.  Unfortunately, the DJI Assistant 2 will only work thru a Windows PC or Mac. But we will coordinate this one to our developers for a future update. Thank you.

Unfortunately, the DJI Assistant 2 will only work thru a Windows PC or Mac.

DJI Assistant-2 does NOT work thru a Mac.  You can not access FlightLog files or BlackBox data, and you can not use Upload.

2018-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules