289 7 2018-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nash_ZA
New
Flight distance : 25226 ft
South Africa

Howsit Guys from Durban , South Africa!

Not entirely new to the drone game, have had 3 prior Phantoms - 1,2 and 3. Mainly used them for doing shoots for my construction sites. Had 2 flyaways and decided it was cheaper to pay someone to do it. Decided to get back into it after a friend bought a Mavic Pro. I am pleasantly surprised at how far DJI have come with these. The MA is amazing to fly! Have done ,collectively , more flights and time in the past month of owning the MA that all the Phantoms together!

Briefly scoured some of the forum for Compass Cal. issues and have noted a few . I experience the same. My drone prompts me to re-cal compass at every flight.  I have gone so far as to use a separate phone in flight mode, take off my Tissot T Touch and leave my normal phone in the car whilst im out flying. I am still doing flights over my building projects and have still noticed the drone freak out over areas of mass rebar and structural steel, except now it doesnt fly away. I am flying more cautiously too!

Any Durbanites , say hi!

Nash

2018-8-11
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Hi Nash, Welcome to the Forum, Yeah I am from Durban also and fly the Mavic Pro and P4A. Get used to the MA and know where you can and cannot fly. The MA is quite a stable drone but being in Durban and all the wifi that is around can cause issues, I know it used to affect my spark alot, take it easy, post some good videos and you can always ask for assistance on this forum as the guys on here are very welcoming. If you want to meet around DBN to do some flying we can, let me know
2018-8-11
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Welcome to the forum!
2018-8-11
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Hi Nash, welcome to this great forum and nice to see that representation from South Africa is growing!
2018-8-11
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Welcome, and glad to see you fly that MA like a champ. I am from Pretoria and Cintsa, East Coast. Still to fly my MA over the ocean, hopefully you will do it first and let me know if it came back, or fed the great whites......
2018-8-11
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Hello from Missouri USA
2018-8-11
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Welcome to the forum Nash.
2018-8-11
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Welcome to the forum Nash. Looking forward to seeing some of your videos.
2018-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules