Unable to record video hit or miss
841 10 2018-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
snowyowl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6119 ft

Is anyone out there experiencing the same incident as I am with DJI App Phantom 4 Pro not allowing me to record video and take snapshots. However if I switch
to an alternative flight control app (litchi) is works fine so it's not the card and I did not reinsert it.

It seems the only way to fix the issue is to reboot my phone and start the app back up
and it's a hit or miss it will allow me to record, however once I can get the app to start
recording it works flawlessly until I remove and reinsert the SD card. So what are your best
practices for downloading video and picture contents and avoiding this issue alltogether?

2018-8-11
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

What device are you using?
2018-8-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry for the inconvenience. Can you provide what is the version of your DJI Go 4 app and the model of your mobile device? Click on "Reply" so that I can get notification from your response. Thanks for your support.
2018-8-11
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have had similar no matter which mobile device I try (iOS or Android), I just blamed the GO4 app - so I just quit app and restart the app it works for me, the way to see if all is ok is see it you can see the SD card in the check menu at restart ... not a big deal...
2018-8-11
Use props
snowyowl
lvl.2

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-8-11 04:01
Sorry for the inconvenience. Can you provide what is the version of your DJI Go 4 app and the model of your mobile device? Click on "Reply" so that I can get notification from your response. Thanks for your support.

I am using a Galaxy note 8   DJi go app v 4.2.21
downloaded it from the Google Play store

Drone I am using a Phantom 4 pro
2018-8-11
Use props
snowyowl
lvl.2

Aerial-Image Posted at 2018-8-11 05:08
I have had similar no matter which mobile device I try (iOS or Android), I just blamed the GO4 app - so I just quit app and restart the app it works for me, the way to see if all is ok is see it you can see the SD card in the check menu at restart ... not a big deal...

Yeah and this is the case for me if I reboot the phone it works it's so weird I have even completely refresh my phone meaning factory reset re-downloading the dji app and same results. But if I switch to the other app to control the aircraft no issues whatsoever so it has to be something with the app and maybe if I received a phone update that's causing the issue. I'd just figure I would ask if anyone else has had this issue.
2018-8-11
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try just quiting the Go app and re start the app rather than turn your phone off/on...
2018-8-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Best practice is to copy the material off your SD card after each flight or day out, and then re-format the card in the aircraft. DJI write a lot of material to the card in hidden folders that can accumulate and give you problems.
2018-8-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

snowyowl Posted at 2018-8-11 06:46
Yeah and this is the case for me if I reboot the phone it works it's so weird I have even completely refresh my phone meaning factory reset re-downloading the dji app and same results. But if I switch to the other app to control the aircraft no issues whatsoever so it has to be something with the app and maybe if I received a phone update that's causing the issue. I'd just figure I would ask if anyone else has had this issue.

Hi. We're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please try to re-link your Remote Controller to your aircraft? After that please connect your mobile device to your Remote controller and try to shoot a video again. Also, please make sure that your drone firmware is updated to the latest version. Let's see if this will work. Thanks.
2018-8-11
Use props
snowyowl
lvl.2

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-8-11 16:16
Hi. We're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please try to re-link your Remote Controller to your aircraft? After that please connect your mobile device to your Remote controller and try to shoot a video again. Also, please make sure that your drone firmware is updated to the latest version. Let's see if this will work. Thanks.

Can you clarify what do you mean by re-linking?
2018-8-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

snowyowl Posted at 2018-8-11 16:25
Can you clarify what do you mean by re-linking?

Hi. Thanks for the response. Re-link mean you need to re-connect your Remote controller to your Aircraft. For reference, you may watch the video tutorial below. Thank you.

2018-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules