FanOfFlight
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1983760 ft
Canada

Looks Like as of August 2, 2018
DJI Assist 2.0.0
Change Log:
1. Added support for Updating Firmware.

is available at the following link.  I have however not tried it to see if it in fact can see the batteries and update firmware or it it conflicts with the DJI Assistant 1.2.4 version we were using for the inspire firmware.  I assume v2.0.0 is a replacement, use at your own risk as always with Software Updates.

https://www.dji.com/tb50-battery ... =mF6h4ZTt#downloads

2018-8-11
Use props
Keule
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

That Assistant for Battery 2.0.0 installs as a seperate program and should not interfere with current Assistant versions on your PC.

Unfortunately i had to stop installation and testing the program, because 2 Anti Virus apps triggered a Trojan threat to be found in Assistant for Battery Station ....
2018-8-11
Use props
FanOfFlight
Second Officer
Canada

Keule Posted at 2018-8-11 20:55
That Assistant for Battery 2.0.0 installs as a seperate program and should not interfere with current Assistant versions on your PC.

Unfortunately i had to stop installation and testing the program, because 2 Anti Virus apps triggered a Trojan threat to be found in Assistant for Battery Station ....

That's not good that the antivirus stuff flagged it....  I just ran it with McAfee and there was no such flages for me on this downloaded file.
I wonder if DJI has a response for that?

Also what virus software flagged it...  I was just about to install it and test it myself today until I say your response...  
2018-8-12
Use props
Keule
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

On one of my PC's F-Secure and Trendmicro triggered the alarm.
The file in question is 'viewer.exe'

Performing an online check of that file results in:

2018-8-12
Use props
FanOfFlight
Second Officer
Canada

DJI do you have a comment on this ?   Can you xhekx the file on your servers and make sure they are not inflected before people download and use this ?
2018-8-12
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

FanOfFlight Posted at 2018-8-12 18:29
DJI do you have a comment on this ?   Can you xhekx the file on your servers and make sure they are not inflected before people download and use this ?

Hello there. Sorry for the late response. We will forward this information to our engineers and we will let you know once we receive an answer from them.
2018-8-14
Use props
FanOfFlight
Second Officer
Canada

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-14 05:55
Hello there. Sorry for the late response. We will forward this information to our engineers and we will let you know once we receive an answer from them.

So, can we ask when firmware will be available for the Battery Station also?  that supports battery firmware updates and maybe fixes the power drain issues when batteries are left on the charger also and other issues reported with this product?

Also please advise when we can download the file again and you have confirmed there is no malware in the file...

Thank you
2018-8-14
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

FanOfFlight Posted at 2018-8-14 20:07
So, can we ask when firmware will be available for the Battery Station also?  that supports battery firmware updates and maybe fixes the power drain issues when batteries are left on the charger also and other issues reported with this product?

Also please advise when we can download the file again and you have confirmed there is no malware in the file...

On it. Thank you for adding that concern. We already forwarded this. Thank you for your understanding.
2018-8-15
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-15 00:16
On it. Thank you for adding that concern. We already forwarded this. Thank you for your understanding.

Hi Wanda

I installed the new DJI Assistant 2 for battery station and connected the device to my PC. The DJI A2 software opens and checks my battery station but says no firmware available. My unit version is 1.0.0.30

IMG_0973.jpg

Why is this not updating the device to FW 2.0?

Rich
2018-8-16
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-8-16 21:21
Hi Wanda

I installed the new DJI Assistant 2 for battery station and connected the device to my PC. The DJI A2 software opens and checks my battery station but says no firmware available. My unit version is 1.0.0.30

Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. Did you try to reinstall the app? Did you try to use a different computer?
2018-8-17
Use props
Keule
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Here the same; no update availble.

2018-8-17
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-17 00:45
Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. Did you try to reinstall the app? Did you try to use a different computer?

Hi Wanda

My PC connects to my battery station and sees the hardware. After the progress bar completes, it has a message: no forward available.

No I have not tried a different PC because it appears to be working.  I will try  my laptop but honestly, I do not think the program is with the PC or the App.

PS:  Anybody reading these posts that have successfully updated the Battery Station FW please comment your findings. I would like to know if DJI rolled out the App, but the FW is not available yet

thank you
Rich
2018-8-17
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-8-17 07:40
Hi Wanda

My PC connects to my battery station and sees the hardware. After the progress bar completes, it has a message: no forward available.

Don't worry. We already forwarded this issue to our engineers and they're checking on it. Your patience will be much appreciated.
2018-8-17
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Keule Posted at 2018-8-17 01:05
Here the same; no update availble.

[view_image]

Hi there. Thank you for reaching this concern to us and I apologize for the inconvenience. We already forwarded this issue to our engineers. We will keep you updated once we got an answer from them. Thank you for your patience.
2018-8-17
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-17 09:10
Don't worry. We already forwarded this issue to our engineers and they're checking on it. Your patience will be much appreciated.

Wanda,
I understand you have already forwarded this to the R&D engineers. I have tried my laptop windows based PC and the same problem exists   screenshots provided to show your engineers.

PS: it doesn't matter if you are logged into your DJI account or with serial number turned on or off.
All variations do not work

Rich

DJI station 3.JPG DJI Station FW update.JPG DJI Station 2.JPG
2018-8-17
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
Flight distance : 9674836 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Perhaps (Probably) this is just the Assistant 2 for updating the firmware in the future. I am pretty sure they just released the tool to update, not the actual firmware.
2018-8-17
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Elektrica Atellani Posted at 2018-8-17 16:14
Perhaps (Probably) this is just the Assistant 2 for updating the firmware in the future. I am pretty sure they just released the tool to update, not the actual firmware.

The PDF instructions state the new FW version 2.0 should show up on the list to install. Maybe I missed something?

Let's see what DJI says on this post

Rich
2018-8-17
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-8-17 20:30
The PDF instructions state the new FW version 2.0 should show up on the list to install. Maybe I missed something?

Let's see what DJI says on this post

They probably printed the manual / instructions before the firmware released
2018-8-18
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Elektrica Atellani Posted at 2018-8-17 16:14

These are good thoughts, but we knew that battery firmware updating using the new Battery Station was going to be a coming soon (FW) months ago. They finally released the software and help file to upgrade to the new version 2.0 but forgot to include the new FW  

we will have to wait for DJI to comment again on the progress of this release.

Rich
2018-8-18
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-8-18 15:25
These are good thoughts, but we knew that battery firmware updating using the new Battery Station was going to be a coming soon (FW) mounts ago. They finally released the software and help file to upgrade to the new version 2.0 but forgot to include the new FW  

we will have to wait for DJI to comment again on the progress of this release.

You're probably right, but let's give them the benefit of doubt
2018-8-19
Use props
AVT
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

Hello, today I get my Battery Station. AND IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO UPDATE THE FIRMEWARE OF ANY BATTERY (TB50)! You have to do it like before, with the Inspire-Drone, one by one
Hi DJI: good job
2018-9-8
Use props
FanOfFlight
Second Officer
Canada

AVT Posted at 2018-9-8 06:57
Hello, today I get my Battery Station. AND IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO UPDATE THE FIRMEWARE OF ANY BATTERY (TB50)! You have to do it like before, with the Inspire-Drone, one by one
Hi DJI: good job

yeah they are still working on this feature....  DJI really has to start not over committing things.  they seem to have made lots of commitments on the Inspire that took 1 year to get the firmware updated to support.  The Battery station seems to be falling victim to the same sort of "its okay" attitude.  Not cool at all.
2018-9-10
Use props
FanOfFlight
Second Officer
Canada

So where is the firmware for  Battery Station (Directed at you DJI)…  and when is the inspire 2 firmware going to get an update to remove the gremlins it has?  
2018-9-16
Use props
FanOfFlight
Second Officer
Canada

FanOfFlight Posted at 2018-9-16 09:09
So where is the firmware for  Battery Station (Directed at you DJI)…  and when is the inspire 2 firmware going to get an update to remove the gremlins it has?

Ok, new firmware came out for this.  I just updated the Battery Station, DJI Assistant is the same, no update there for the one posted earlier.

Battery firmware update process is included along with some other fixes.  I have gone ahead and updated mine, no issues so far.  It did a battery update as the Charge Station said it had newer firmware than what DJI Assistant for Inspire 2 had installed in the battery?  I have not put them back in the inspire to see if it tells me its not consistent firmware and wants me to change the firmware yet...

The Battery update process doesn't need a internet connection to work as it seems to gave a preloaded version of the latest firmware for the TB50.  you only choice is to update or not, cant select versions.
2018-9-23
Use props
jdmagoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1478842 ft
  • >>>
Australia

FanOfFlight Posted at 2018-9-23 09:48
Ok, new firmware came out for this.  I just updated the Battery Station, DJI Assistant is the same, no update there for the one posted earlier.

Battery firmware update process is included along with some other fixes.  I have gone ahead and updated mine, no issues so far.  It did a battery update as the Charge Station said it had newer firmware than what DJI Assistant for Inspire 2 had installed in the battery?  I have not put them back in the inspire to see if it tells me its not consistent firmware and wants me to change the firmware yet...

You will find the .71 version of FW will come up with a inconsistent FW version alert when you use the inspire, if you slide to update it will actually downgrade the batt FW to .65 I’m guessing the bat FW is released ahead of the new Inspire FW hence why there are inconsistencies.

However I’m flying on inspire .100 FW so you may not get these alerts if your on .200 FW. Would be interested to know if you do?
2018-9-23
Use props
jdmagoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1478842 ft
  • >>>
Australia

FanOfFlight Posted at 2018-9-23 09:48
Ok, new firmware came out for this.  I just updated the Battery Station, DJI Assistant is the same, no update there for the one posted earlier.

You will find the .71 version of FW will come up with a inconsistent FW version alert when you use the inspire, if you slide to update it will actually downgrade the batt FW to .65 I’m guessing the bat FW is released ahead of the new Inspire FW hence why there are inconsistencies.

However I’m flying on inspire .100 FW so you may not get these alerts if your on .200 FW. Would be interested to know if you do?
2018-9-23
Use props
FanOfFlight
Second Officer

Well that is going to suck.  Looks like DJI found yet another way to make firmware management hard.   

Well I guess I will have to down grade before my next flight or hope they have new Inspire firmware that fixes this and the camera yaw issues I’m having.  I may cave and downgrade everything back to the .100 firmware.
2018-9-24
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

jdmagoo Posted at 2018-9-23 23:05

However I’m flying on inspire .100 FW so you may not get these alerts if your on .200 FW. Would be interested to know if you do?

Same issue with .200 FW...
2018-9-24
Use props
FanOfFlight
Second Officer
Canada

now that I have played with this a bit more, this battery update methodology of using battery station is going to be very problematic.  my whole point was to insure that the battery firmware matched the aircraft.  There is no way for the battery station to stay in sync with the aircraft firmware and thus know which firmware is correct.  If you also flying other aircraft with the TB50, this could complicate firmware management even more.

I really don't think DJI thought this through all the way, or there is new firmware coming for the I2 that will allow better management and syncing of battery firmware between the charge station.

I'm almost at the point of not using the charge station for firmware updates as its too much trouble (already) to keep them properly in sync with the aircraft...  hopefully they improve this aspect, if not too much risk of having the wrong firmware and the constant upgrade/downgrades.
2018-9-29
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

FanOfFlight Posted at 2018-9-29 08:17
now that I have played with this a bit more, this battery update methodology of using battery station is going to be very problematic.  my whole point was to insure that the battery firmware matched the aircraft.  There is no way for the battery station to stay in sync with the aircraft firmware and thus know which firmware is correct.  If you also flying other aircraft with the TB50, this could complicate firmware management even more.

I really don't think DJI thought this through all the way, or there is new firmware coming for the I2 that will allow better management and syncing of battery firmware between the charge station.

Did you try skipping the wrong FW notice and flying with the battery with the new firmware and the .200 I2's FW?
2018-9-29
Use props
FanOfFlight
Second Officer
Canada

Elektrica Atellani Posted at 2018-9-29 17:13
Did you try skipping the wrong FW notice and flying with the battery with the new firmware and the .200 I2's FW?

I have not tried that.  Not sure I want to as I tend to run 100% in the DJI Support matrix.  And even so, my point wasn't if it could be done, or even it that should be done.  But rather to express that management of firmware is poorly thought out with the battery station.  You are (so far only) offered one choice if you choose to update, and that's to the firmware the battery station has pre loaded and assumed as 'most up to date'

If you update to that firmware, as happened to me, when inserted back into the inspire 2 it prompts for the error condition of not consistent firmware.  DJI's recommended solution is to allow the update to make them consistent.   My concerns are around the "yo-yo" effect of going back and forth exposing your aircraft to a potential issue, and very likely no coverage from DJI for any warranty you have.  I belive there stance is to not fly with inconsistent firmware.

So back to the firmware, the battery station doesn't know what craft you have, or what firmware your running on the aircraft.  Which means, the battery station can either update or downgrade to what it things is right, and the inspire or m200 can also upgrade or downgrade to what ever it thinks is correct.  

What this means for me, is the benefit of being able to manage battery firmware is not really implemented without the express understanding of the battery station of what firmware your aircraft has and what the code level should be on the battery.

Once could resolve this, by linking the battery station to your DJI account, and load information into the battery station that described this current status of your aircraft, and preload several versions of firmware in the battery station.  It could be executed at time of Battery station firmware upgrade where it collects, evaluates and loads into the station.

I considered trying to fly with the newer firmware .71 of the battery, but I am not brave enough to do so.  I still have DJI care and refresh plus and I don't want to expose myself to not having coverage for this firmware issue.

The good news is that the firmware is not forced on you.  It just tells you an update is available.  I have not had a chance to test if there is any impacts to leaving the update as "available".  I notice it blocks off the last line of the status screen for each battery that has an update.  I so far, assume normal battery charging processes being done as that that very logical.

I hope that makes some sense.  Bottom line for me, the battery station charges 4 pairs quick and safe, and my expected benefit of easy battery management is not viable.  I can live without that, but they should find a better way to manage it against the firmware you need.
2018-9-29
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

FanOfFlight Posted at 2018-9-29 17:28
I have not tried that.  Not sure I want to as I tend to run 100% in the DJI Support matrix.  And even so, my point wasn't if it could be done, or even it that should be done.  But rather to express that management of firmware is poorly thought out with the battery station.  You are (so far only) offered one choice if you choose to update, and that's to the firmware the battery station has pre loaded and assumed as 'most up to date'

If you update to that firmware, as happened to me, when inserted back into the inspire 2 it prompts for the error condition of not consistent firmware.  DJI's recommended solution is to allow the update to make them consistent.   My concerns are around the "yo-yo" effect of going back and forth exposing your aircraft to a potential issue, and very likely no coverage from DJI for any warranty you have.  I belive there stance is to not fly with inconsistent firmware.

I will eventually give the .71 a try and let you know, while hoping to get a FW update for the I2, which is in dire need of one.
2018-9-30
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

FanOfFlight Posted at 2018-9-29 17:28
I have not tried that.  Not sure I want to as I tend to run 100% in the DJI Support matrix.  And even so, my point wasn't if it could be done, or even it that should be done.  But rather to express that management of firmware is poorly thought out with the battery station.  You are (so far only) offered one choice if you choose to update, and that's to the firmware the battery station has pre loaded and assumed as 'most up to date'

I have not updated my DJI Battery Station to FW version 2. Eventually things will even out as the FW is fixed by DJI. The battery station can only provide the latest battery FW update based on the Station FW. I like the fact that I can see at a glance what each battery FW is when putting them to charge. I downgraded my FW to .100 and one set of batteries still on .71. I do not think this will be a problem to fly the Inspire 2 with these batteries but do not know for sure. Not worth risking the Inspire 2.

All the best
Rich
2018-9-30
Use props
FanOfFlight
Second Officer
Canada

Rich
I was just about downgrad today.  Been raining all week and now snow today.   I’m really hope the new inspire firmware comes out before I have to downgrade!

I am looking forward to the firmware management getting smoother going forward.   The charger station is not a complete loss, I was however looking forward to having a better way to manage the firmware.   

Time will tell!  And if it weather improves I will hopefully get a chance to fly and relearn why I love this bird.  
2018-9-30
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

FanOfFlight Posted at 2018-9-30 19:37
Rich
I was just about downgrad today.  Been raining all week and now snow today.   I’m really hope the new inspire firmware comes out before I have to downgrade!

We have been finally hit with this same bad weather.....  I have not seen anything regarding new FW for the Inspire 2.... Looks like DJI is pretty silent and normally they are very silent until release time. I couldn't wait and decided to downgrade for now.

Let's see what happens,

Rich
2018-10-2
Use props
Joko
lvl.4
Flight distance : 497674 ft

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-8-17 11:23
Wanda,
I understand you have already forwarded this to the R&D engineers. I have tried my laptop windows based PC and the same problem exists   screenshots provided to show your engineers.

A new firmware for the Battery Station is now available, (Version 01.00.00.37) maybe you already know !

ciao.

Giorgio
2018-10-18
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Joko Posted at 2018-10-18 13:26
A new firmware for the Battery Station is now available, (Version 01.00.00.37) maybe you already know !

ciao.

Hi
Thanks... yes, I see the update was released for the Battery Station. I have not updated my DJI BS because the Inspire 2 FW has some issues right now. I downgraded to .100 and do not want my battery station to ask to update the battery FW all the time when charged

The new beta FW team is now looking into the Inspire 2 FW … lets see how this goes

Rich
2018-10-18
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 150932 ft

Joko Posted at 2018-10-18 13:26

ciao.

Are we supposed to have batteries in all slots when upgrading the battery station FW?
2018-10-18
Use props
Joko
lvl.4
Flight distance : 497674 ft

AvatarAir Posted at 2018-10-18 19:54
Are we supposed to have batteries in all slots when upgrading the battery station FW?

Hi, I updated the Battery Station box only, ....... without the batteries.
2018-10-18
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 150932 ft

What does this change?
2018-10-19
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules