Mavic Air Controller losing video feed mid-flight - help please
1653 27 2018-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DrooChen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22516 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, after losing a flyaway Spark just over a month ago, and no replies from DJI or other users on here, I've decided to buy a Mavic Air as a replacement.
I keep all software up to date, on controller, aircraft and app, but im having loss of video image feed on my iPhone 8 plus.

I'm flying plugged into my controller with the supplied lead from phone clamp, into left side micro usb slot. I'm flying in airplane mode, I have bluetooth turned off as well.

But i still keep getting nearly every flight loss of video feed, when the dron lands and i look at micro sd card - there is no loss of image on the recording.

What could it be ? Any help appreciated :-)
2018-8-11
Use props
db11
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Are you flying in an open field or a built up area?
2018-8-11
Use props
forager3215
lvl.4
Flight distance : 230951 ft

After updating dji go 4 app in July i had the same issue losing video Signal and also the aircraft would disconnect all the time when i flew after replacing cables refreshing FW resetting to factory default nothing worked still had the issue only after i downgraded DJI go 4 app to an earlier version did everything go back to normal maybe you should try that.
2018-8-11
Use props
DrooChen
lvl.1
United Kingdom

HI, the last 2 days I've been flying on a large open beach, after most people have gone, in the mile stretch i had there were maybe 10/12 people around. I was practising flight modes - ie - Dronies, Rocket, circle etc.
Sometimes i was only 20-25feet away from the drone and loss of video signal ?
2018-8-11
Use props
DrooChen
lvl.1
United Kingdom

HI, the last 2 days I've been flying on a large open beach, after most people have gone, in the mile stretch i had there were maybe 10/12 people around. I was practising flight modes - ie - Dronies, Rocket, circle etc.
2018-8-11
Use props
DrooChen
lvl.1
United Kingdom

forager3215 Posted at 2018-8-11 12:12
After updating dji go 4 app in July i had the same issue losing video Signal and also the aircraft would disconnect all the time when i flew after replacing cables refreshing FW resetting to factory default nothing worked still had the issue only after i downgraded DJI go 4 app to an earlier version did everything go back to normal maybe you should try that.

Ok - How do i downgrade to a previous version ? Sorry to ask
2018-8-11
Use props
DrooChen
lvl.1
United Kingdom

forager3215 Posted at 2018-8-11 12:12
After updating dji go 4 app in July i had the same issue losing video Signal and also the aircraft would disconnect all the time when i flew after replacing cables refreshing FW resetting to factory default nothing worked still had the issue only after i downgraded DJI go 4 app to an earlier version did everything go back to normal maybe you should try that.

2018-8-11
Use props
forager3215
lvl.4

DrooChen Posted at 2018-8-11 12:17
HI, the last 2 days I've been flying on a large open beach, after most people have gone, in the mile stretch i had there were maybe 10/12 people around. I was practising flight modes - ie - Dronies, Rocket, circle etc.
Sometimes i was only 20-25feet away from the drone and loss of video signal ?

Yep sounds all to familiar.
2018-8-11
Use props
DrooChen
lvl.1
United Kingdom

forager3215 Posted at 2018-8-11 12:21
Yep sounds all to familiar.

It doesn't give me the confidence to go too far until I've resolved it.
2018-8-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for having issues with your DJI Mavic Air. I will be posting a video below on how to update the firmware of your aircraft. Let us know if the issue persists. We're here to help you. Thank you.

2018-8-11
Use props
forager3215
lvl.4

DrooChen Posted at 2018-8-11 12:24
It doesn't give me the confidence to go too far until I've resolved it.

For iso devices watch this video to see how to role DJI go 4 app back to prior version

2018-8-11
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Hong Kong

Check the radio signal on DJI Go. Try pick a channel most stable and turn your phone to airplane mode.
2018-8-11
Use props
DrooChen
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-8-11 12:38
Hi, thank you for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for having issues with your DJI Mavic Air. I will be posting a video below on how to update the firmware of your aircraft. Let us know if the issue persists. We're here to help you. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPmWvxeSp7E

Thank you for the advice - i have done all this previously, but i'll make sure i do follow this process.

I'm doing all i can to stop any interference, taking my apple watch off, airplane mode, bluetooth off etc, but surely I should be able to fly without having to remove my watch etc ?
2018-8-12
Use props
DrooChen
lvl.1
United Kingdom

GDL Posted at 2018-8-11 20:17
Check the radio signal on DJI Go. Try pick a channel most stable and turn your phone to airplane mode.

Thanks for the advice GDL, I'll check out how to do that
2018-8-12
Use props
DrooChen
lvl.1
United Kingdom

forager3215 Posted at 2018-8-11 12:42
For iso devices watch this video to see how to role DJI go 4 app back to prior version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW9kUwBkKu0

Thx Forager for the video, I'm Mac based and hopefully that'll all work with mac too. Makes it sound simple to do.
2018-8-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

DrooChen Posted at 2018-8-12 01:07
Thank you for the advice - i have done all this previously, but i'll make sure i do follow this process.

I'm doing all i can to stop any interference, taking my apple watch off, airplane mode, bluetooth off etc, but surely I should be able to fly without having to remove my watch etc ?

Hi, you have to remove the watch and I suggest to put your phone in airplane mode as well. Let us know if the issue persists. Thank you.
2018-8-12
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Hong Kong

Click the radio symbol on the app to see radio channel status. You can also change the channel manually by switch from auto to custom.

Read the article below which may help. Radio works on the same way for different drone.
http://blog.parrot.com/2018/07/31/anafi-wi-fi-range-efficiency/
2018-8-12
Use props
LordoftheFlies
lvl.3

I know this may seem crazy to ask, but how are you antennas configured? Are they parallel to one another, it's like ghostbusters. Don't cross the streams. Also, is the landing gear down? After you verify those fixes try switching channels via the DJI GO 4 app.
2018-8-12
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Sorry to hear. Will also say, you will make yourself crazy if you buy new cables, phones, factory reset etc.
I have the same issue, on both DJI Go 4.2.21 and 4.1.8. Only difference between the two for me was, that with the latest 4.2.21, i also get NO SIGNAL with RTH on every second flight, but if u want to fly without video, can do so with 4.1.8. I have also done all and everything, everyone suggested to get the problem fixed, with no luck.
We all sincerely hope that DJI brings out a stable Go and fast. Maybe go buy yourself some Litchi for now.
2018-8-12
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

I keep all software up to date, on controller, aircraft and app

Definitely worth trying to downgrade GO-4 App running on your SmartDevice.

If only you could rollback Mavic Air firmware from .0400..............................

2018-8-12
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

After trying the above, assuming no Joy.

If you bought Mavic Air from DJI, and its been less than two-weeks - Return it.
If you bought Mavic Air from retailer, and time period is within their return policy - Return it.

UPDATED: Fixing freudian typo, incorrectly autocorrected.

2018-8-12
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-8-12 08:38
After trying the above, assuming no Joy.

Agree. After nearly one month of waiting for a "fix", update that work, software that work, i had to bite the bullet to send it in. 8 weeks now, still waiting. DJI Cape Town could not get it to work after the updates.
Before the updates, i had NO problems with the MA. It was perfect.
2018-8-12
Use props
Amjad1983
lvl.4
Flight distance : 310489 ft
United Arab Emirates

Its seems the new firmware has faults as it happened with me after i downloaded the new firmware but i am afraid to go fly infront of public until i find solution for this problem
2018-8-12
Use props
DrooChen
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-8-12 02:30
Hi, you have to remove the watch and I suggest to put your phone in airplane mode as well. Let us know if the issue persists. Thank you.

Thank you - I've been out for a night flight this evening and it all worked correctly. I'll try again tomorrow - thanks for your advice.
2018-8-12
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795653 ft

DrooChen Posted at 2018-8-12 14:15
Thank you - I've been out for a night flight this evening and it all worked correctly. I'll try again tomorrow - thanks for your advice.

What have you done differently from before?
2018-8-12
Use props
chiefB
lvl.1
Flight distance : 328 ft
Canada

Does anyone know if this was resolved? I am currently experiencing the same symptoms on my MAVIC AIR. Loosing Video feed in Mid Air. HELP!!! Tried everything.
2022-8-1
Use props
chiefB
lvl.1
Canada

Does anyone know if this was resolved? I am currently experiencing the same symptoms on my MAVIC AIR. Loosing Video feed in Mid Air. HELP!!! Tries everything.
2022-8-1
Use props
chiefB
lvl.1
Canada

Do you know if this was every resolved? I have the exact same issue with my Mavic Air.
2022-8-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules