Bad video and long lag time on Huawei tablet
1146 15 2018-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dreaminweavers
lvl.1
Singapore

Hello all,

I am brand new to drones.  I have a really interesting and frustrating issue happening.  I have a Samsung S7 that works perfectly with the DJI Go 4 app.  I wanted to try and use my tablet for the bigger screen and to spare the battery of my phone.  So, I loaded the DJI Go 4 app only my Huawei mediapad, and it works horribly.  The video on the tablet screen is super chopy in the go fly mode (see video link), and there is a really long lag between when the camera sees something and when it shows up on the tablet screen (maybe 10-15 seconds later).  I guess I should be thankful that the phone works properly, but if anyone has seen this before or has any idea what to do, it would be appreciated.

https://drive.google.com/open?id ... zp_NNBIRwo6MtkZEnWQ

Thanks

Don Weaver
2018-8-12
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

The tips in this article will help you ensure both your tablet and DJI GO are setup to run as efficiently as possible.

2018-8-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles. Unfortunately, Huawei mediapad is currently is currently not on our supported list of devices. I will be posting some of the supported mobile devices below. But don't worry i will be forwarding this concern to our engineers for future enhancement. Thank you.

2018-8-12
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

What are the specs of that tablet ( CPU/Ram) ? Your video looks like a problem with the actual power of the tablet. As posted, try reviewing the suggested article to optimize the tablet. Depending on the version of the DJI app you NEED at least 2 GB of ram and an octa-core processor or a fast quad-core to run the DJI app!
2018-8-12
Use props
Macaulayjuan 4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 865469 ft
Canada

My experience - purchased a new Asus tablet just for my DJI aircraft and suffered at least a 1second+ latency. (my android phone worked perfectly) Returned Asus tablet and purchased an iPad mini 4, problem solved. Not an Apple fan and not trying to stoke the never ending android/ios debate. Just relating my experience.
2018-8-12
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

I'd say that is not performing well. Try if it gets a bit better with OTG, but I also would say: The specs aren't good enough
2018-8-12
Use props
dreaminweavers
lvl.1
United States

jmb63 Posted at 2018-8-12 06:10
What are the specs of that tablet ( CPU/Ram) ? Your video looks like a problem with the actual power of the tablet. As posted, try reviewing the suggested article to optimize the tablet. Depending on the version of the DJI app you NEED at least 2 GB of ram and an octa-core processor or a fast quad-core to run the DJI app!

definitely, not the tablet.  It is brand new.  Octa Core (4 x 2.3 Ghz + 4 x 1.8Ghz), 4GB Ram, Android 6.0 Marshmallow
2018-8-13
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

ouch, I expected an older one.
Android 6, try Go4 4.1.15 for some tests. And a otg connection!
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... o-4-4-1-15-release/
2018-8-13
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dreaminweavers Posted at 2018-8-13 05:11
definitely, not the tablet.  It is brand new.  Octa Core (4 x 2.3 Ghz + 4 x 1.8Ghz), 4GB Ram, Android 6.0 Marshmallow

Ohh...well, that should be plenty to run the app...
Did you try the "optimizations" suggested above?
Use the tablet in airplane mode?
Disable or uninstall anything not need for flying.
Also, some tablets have a built-in option that will, by default, try to optimize the program/app for battery or data purposes. Maybe look into that?  That might not play well with the DJI app.
2018-8-13
Use props
dreaminweavers
lvl.1
United States

msinger Posted at 2018-8-12 04:14
The tips in this article will help you ensure both your tablet and DJI GO are setup to run as efficiently as possible.

Unfortunately, I went through all of the setup steps outlined in the article.  No success.  Same Issue.  Looks like it is a compatibility issue with the Huawei Mediapad .  Here is to hoping that DJI comes up with something soon.  Not going to go out and get another tablet just to fly.
2018-8-13
Use props
dreaminweavers
lvl.1
United States

jmb63 Posted at 2018-8-12 06:10
What are the specs of that tablet ( CPU/Ram) ? Your video looks like a problem with the actual power of the tablet. As posted, try reviewing the suggested article to optimize the tablet. Depending on the version of the DJI app you NEED at least 2 GB of ram and an octa-core processor or a fast quad-core to run the DJI app!

2018-8-13
Use props
dreaminweavers
lvl.1
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-8-12 08:16
I'd say that is not performing well. Try if it gets a bit better with OTG, but I also would say: The specs aren't good enough

forgive the ignorance.  What is OTG?
2018-8-13
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

dreaminweavers Posted at 2018-8-13 05:41
forgive the ignorance.  What is OTG?

USB on the go, cable connection
Do you have a otg adapter, somewhere?

Together with your charger cable, you have a OTG connection.
For testing it will be enough!

Plug the micro USB from the adapter INTO the RC
usually AFTER you have pluged the other end into the Tab /device and the LED from the RC is steady
Go4 app shoul'd tell "connected", after it asked you to "open always if ...."
If the Spark is on, "Go Fly" should show up.

2018-8-13
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dreaminweavers Posted at 2018-8-13 05:39
Unfortunately, I went through all of the setup steps outlined in the article.  No success.  Same Issue.  Looks like it is a compatibility issue with the Huawei Mediapad .  Here is to hoping that DJI comes up with something soon.  Not going to go out and get another tablet just to fly.

Your tablet should be able to power right through the DJI app!  
There is something (app or system function) running on the tablet that is affecting the app.
Did you try the suggested install of an older version ( I personally use 4.1.15 ) of the DJI app?
2018-8-13
Use props
dreaminweavers
lvl.1
United States

Problem solved.  Putting the tablet in airplane mode seems to have resolved the issue.  Haven't flown yet, but all of the symptoms are gone.  Thanks for the help everyone.
2018-8-14
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

dreaminweavers Posted at 2018-8-14 04:46
Problem solved.  Putting the tablet in airplane mode seems to have resolved the issue.  Haven't flown yet, but all of the symptoms are gone.  Thanks for the help everyone.

Good to hear!

BTW, that was suggested in my article
2018-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules