Digital Noise in Photos
1122 8 2018-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Greyback
lvl.3
United States

I am using Mavic Air and shooting RAW images. I like to shoot in low ISO but I seem to get a lot of digital noise in the images. Any thoughts on how to reduce that noise? I tried Photoshop, Lightroom but still not happy with that.
2018-8-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles. Kindly provide a sample photo of the issues you are having with the photos having digital noise. We're here to help. Thank you.
2018-8-12
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Ultimately the camera isn't very good.  Make sure you aren't shooting over ISO100 (even 200 is awful).  Also make sure its properly exposed so you arent bringing up exposure or shadows in post processing.  Other than that, LR or ACR noise reduction work well enough - i use about 35 as default.
2018-8-12
Use props
Greyback
lvl.3
United States

2018-8-12
Use props
Greyback
lvl.3
United States

I can fix color noise in LR or PS and get fair results. I just expected better and hope there is a fix.

I am sure better exposure will help so I will work at that too.
2018-8-12
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Greyback Posted at 2018-8-12 10:12
I can fix color noise in LR or PS and get fair results. I just expected better and hope there is a fix.

I am sure better exposure will help so I will work at that too.

The light level in picture is low.

Have you got a ND filter on the camera?
Or was it towards evening, early morning?
2018-8-12
Use props
Greyback
lvl.3
United States

It was early morning. I think I underexposed this one.  

Today I went out and made several shots.  ISO 100. Both JPG and RAW. Some with Auto exposure, some manual exposure, some HDR. In auto or if I set exposure correctly and in HDR the result nice. Not quite as great as I hoped but I can work with it for now until I can find a drone with a higher quality camera.
2018-8-12
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Mavic 2 *might* have a better camera.
Phantom 4 Pro definitely has a better camera.

If you treat the mavic as a 2015 era cellphone camera you're about the right level.
2018-8-12
Use props
Greyback
lvl.3
United States

Thanks. I just recently heard about the Mavic 2 and plan on saving up for one. Might look into the Phantom4 PRO too.
2018-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules