DJI Googles
500 8 2018-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Oskar Brixen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2917 ft
Denmark

Hi, I've been thinking about getting a pair of DJI Goggles for my DJI Mavic Pro, but does anyone know the maximum video transmission signal for those DJI Goggles? Is the signal stronger than what it is on my phone with the remote controller connected??
-Oskar

2018-8-12
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

The DJI Goggles specs show the maximum transmission distance is the "same as the connected aircraft". The Mavic Pro specs show the maximum transmission distance for the Mavic Pro is 4.3 miles (FCC) or 2.5 miles (CE).

DJI Goggles Specs: https://www.dji.com/dji-goggles/info#specs
Mavic Pro Specs: https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#specs
2018-8-12
Use props
Oskar Brixen
lvl.2
Denmark

msinger Posted at 2018-8-12 11:40
The DJI Goggles specs show the maximum transmission distance is the "same as the connected aircraft". The Mavic Pro specs show the maximum transmission distance for the Mavic Pro is 4.3 miles (FCC) or 2.5 miles (CE).

DJI Goggles Specs: https://www.dji.com/dji-goggles/info#specs

Okay, Thanks. So that means that DJI Goggles doesen't make the signal stronger? Right?
2018-8-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Oskar Brixen Posted at 2018-8-12 11:45
Okay, Thanks. So that means that DJI Goggles doesen't make the signal stronger? Right?

Hi, thanks for the inquiry, as Msinger mentioned the maximum transmission distance of drone while using the DJI Goggles will be the same if the aircraft when it is connected to the RC depending on the what aircraft are you using. Please keep us posted if there will be any other concerns. Thank you.
2018-8-12
Use props
Oskar Brixen
lvl.2
Denmark

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-12 11:55
Hi, thanks for the inquiry, as Msinger mentioned the maximum transmission distance of drone while using the DJI Goggles will be the same if the aircraft when it is connected to the RC depending on the what aircraft are you using. Please keep us posted if there will be any other concerns. Thank you.

Thanks.
-Oskar
2018-8-12
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Oskar Brixen Posted at 2018-8-12 11:45

Short answer is No it doesn't make it stronger. But it TOPS the phone connection. ( it's no comparison). Your limit with the goggles is how far your Mp battery allows you get and back. I have never had a disconnect with my goggles.
2018-8-12
Use props
Oskar Brixen
lvl.2
Denmark

Woe Posted at 2018-8-12 12:14
Short answer is No it doesn't make it stronger. But it TOPS the phone connection. ( it's no comparison). Your limit with the goggles is how far your Mp battery allows you get and back. I have never had a disconnect with my goggles.

Thanks for the answer
2018-8-12
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

I've had my goggles for over a year and never had any issue with them. I regularly fly at a range of about 2 miles and have never had them disconnect. Other's experience may vary, but having the goggles is a night/day experience from flying with a phone/tablet. I actually waited for the goggles to become available before buying my MP as I wanted a more immersive experience.
2018-8-12
Use props
Oskar Brixen
lvl.2
Denmark

Paul_IA Posted at 2018-8-12 12:47
I've had my goggles for over a year and never had any issue with them. I regularly fly at a range of about 2 miles and have never had them disconnect. Other's experience may vary, but having the goggles is a night/day experience from flying with a phone/tablet. I actually waited for the goggles to become available before buying my MP as I wanted a more immersive experience.

Okay. Thanks for sharing
2018-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules