DJI Spark falling when taking off
823 6 2018-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AndréO.
lvl.2
Colombia

Hello everyone. Just some hours ago I tried to take off my Spark. I raised it to 3 meters until it fell to a concrete surface. Fortunately it didn’t break. Later I tried to take off from my hand and it fastly approaches me (almost cutting me) and then fell to the ground. Please note that I was flying with GPS positioning on. I need help because it’s not the first time this happens and next week I need to travel with my only film tool being my Spark and my iPhone. Thanks !
2018-8-12
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

there is a considerable issue with the new firmware. During take off , abrupt up and down motion of the SPARK is seen and this in result damages the gimbal motors. Care must be taken during take off. It is better to downgrade SPARK to a lower version until things settle down with the new firmware.
2018-8-12
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

Also after update of the new firmware, it is better to fly first outside with GPS lock rather than without HPS indoors.
2018-8-12
Use props
AndréO.
lvl.2
Colombia

S.J Posted at 2018-8-12 16:02
there is a considerable issue with the new firmware. During take off , abrupt up and down motion of the SPARK is seen and this in result damages the gimbal motors. Care must be taken during take off. It is better to downgrade SPARK to a lower version until things settle down with the new firmware.

Ok, thank you. I’ll try it (when I first bought my spark in March it didn’t happen)
Thanks again!
2018-8-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused, do you managed to check if there's an error with the DJI Go 4 app?  I would recommend restoring factory defaults and refresh the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2. Please reboot the unit after using the application and re-calibrate the IMU and compass to see if there will be changes. I would recommend as well checking the environment if there will be interferences and also, you can consider the GPS if it strong enough. Kindly see the link below for you to download the application.

https://www.dji.com/spark/info#downloads
2018-8-12
Use props
AndréO.
lvl.2
Colombia

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-12 16:34
Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused, do you managed to check if there's an error with the DJI Go 4 app?  I would recommend restoring factory defaults and refresh the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2. Please reboot the unit after using the application and re-calibrate the IMU and compass to see if there will be changes. I would recommend as well checking the environment if there will be interferences and also, you can consider the GPS if it strong enough. Kindly see the link below for you to download the application.

https://www.dji.com/spark/info#downloads

Ok. I’ll also try it!

Thanks!
2018-8-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

AndréO. Posted at 2018-8-12 16:35
Ok. I’ll also try it!

Thanks!

You're welcome. Please try to check if the propellers are properly installed to the correct motors.
2018-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules