so... two days, then broken camera! :(
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiphantom3xx
lvl.2

Canada

Well, had my phantom 3 for two days (which I admit is fantastic)... but then went a little too fast, hit a tree, phantom fell, and the camera broke... I'm feeling exceptionally sad... (like $1000 worth of sad).

Any suggestions of what to do? Can't seem to find where to buy the camera separately, and for the phantom2 (not 3) - it seems those almost go for exactly the same price as a brand new phantom... ideas/suggestions?

2015-5-26
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

I can't remember where I saw it, but I did see some "parts" for sale the other day. Technically, they're not yet ready for sale, so any "orders" are likely to be pre-orders.

The cameras for both the Pro and Advanced were listed - if I remember correctly, they were both priced well over $500.

Eventually, parts will become available. In the meantime, it appears everything available is going into full-blown production to handle the overall demand for the Phantom 3. It might be a couple of months before we can truly see "spare parts" availability.
2015-5-26
Use props
djiphantom3xx
lvl.2

Canada

Hmm. I just feeling so sad................. It is incredibly fun to use - and the BAM... hmm.........
2015-5-26
Use props
gwilbanks
New

United States

djiphantom3xx Posted at 2015-5-26 21:23
Hmm. I just feeling so sad................. It is incredibly fun to use - and the BAM... hmm........ ...

Same thing happen to me.  Had the Phantom3 for 2 days.  Was shooting pick of my kids playing in the pool and the drone started to drift.  Still new to the controls made a couple bad direction adjustments and hit the deck.  Didn't look like a bad crash, but when I went pick it up the cameral had broken off.

This this a crap design?  I mean should a $540 piece of your $1,500 drone be able to break off that easily?  On top of that there are no spare parts for me to buy?  Seems like crap to me!
2015-6-8
Use props
bauaca
lvl.1

United States

Other than scoring one on ebay unused for close to $800, you can put one on order here:

https://www.advexure.com/store/dji-phantom-3-4k-camera-part-5/
2015-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules