Weak range OTG - 75m!
782 12 2018-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lumidair
lvl.4
Slovakia

Hallo @Dji. Pleas can you help me? I am very disapointed. I have Spark in EU  and my range is very poor with OTG. It is about 70-100m in nature without interference and after 70-100m it is weak signal, no connection and AC disconected :-/. It is OK? You declare about 500m in CE. It is not good for me. What can I do?
I have new firmware version ant new version app. Phone Huawei P9. Thank you for your help.

2018-8-17
Use props
Alexpole
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44738 ft
Sweden

It can happen if you set your antennas in a wrong way. Check this video for the best practices.

At some locations in the city I found that I get better range with just my phone rather than with remote.

2018-8-17
Use props
Alexpole
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44738 ft
Sweden

Oh, and I have no issues after switching to FCC mode. You can check where exactly you have signal loss and errors if you sync your flights with Airdata - airdata.com.
2018-8-17
Use props
lumidair
lvl.4
Slovakia

Alexpole Posted at 2018-8-17 01:53
It can happen if you set your antennas in a wrong way. Check this video for the best practices.

https://youtu.be/EHoGvvCbukA

Antennas was OK, and there was open space, no buildings.
2018-8-17
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

lumidair Posted at 2018-8-17 02:07
Antennas was OK, and there was open space, no buildings.

how about you post a flightlog?

http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/
2018-8-17
Use props
Alex Batalov
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Change to fcc mode and make sure that your device can handle the latest app version.
Also you can try donwgrading and installing version 4.1.15. Usually it helps with the short range issues also.
Download from apkmirror.
Safe Flying.
2018-8-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles you had with your DJI Spark. Unfortunately, the Huawei P9 is not fully supported device. I will be posting some of the fully supported phones below for future reference. We're here to help you. Thank you.

2018-8-17
Use props
Flighty
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1977175 ft
Croatia

OTG does not improve distance,,,
2018-8-17
Use props
lumidair
lvl.4
Slovakia

Flighty Posted at 2018-8-17 11:15
OTG does not improve distance,,,

And what else I can do, when OTG not? Actually I have fcc, i hope, it will be better...
2018-8-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

lumidair Posted at 2018-8-17 11:30
And what else I can do, when OTG not? Actually I have fcc, i hope, it will be better...

Hi, you can consider re-linking the RC to the AC and re-calibrate the IMU as well as the compass to see if there will be changes. Please check the GPS signal if it's strong enough as well for you to maximize the usage of the drone. Please let us know if you need our assistance.
2018-8-17
Use props
lumidair
lvl.4
Slovakia

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-17 11:52
Hi, you can consider re-linking the RC to the AC and re-calibrate the IMU as well as the compass to see if there will be changes. Please check the GPS signal if it's strong enough as well for you to maximize the usage of the drone. Please let us know if you need our assistance.

Imu and compas was ok. It was cca 17 sat..
2018-8-17
Use props
Datree
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21371 ft
United States

Alexpole Posted at 2018-8-17 01:54
Oh, and I have no issues after switching to FCC mode. You can check where exactly you have signal loss and errors if you sync your flights with Airdata - airdata.com.

Thanks for the link gonna use this to trouble shoot some really odd issues i have been having with my spark.
2018-8-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Datree Posted at 2018-8-17 13:03
Thanks for the link gonna use this to trouble shoot some really odd issues i have been having with my spark.

Hi, please let us know should you have further question. We are here to help you. Thanks.
2018-8-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules