Aircraft disconnected while landing...
1882 15 2018-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
riot!
lvl.2

So i was flying a bit today with sport mode and when i was returning to my starting pod (with around 18%of battery) suddenly my drone lost signal (aircraft disconnected message in dj4 app). Mavic was maybe 5m above me and it started to RTH buy i wanted to land manually cause of trees near. Thanks god i cancelled rth and back manually on the ground but im wondering why it dosconnected? It was close to me, had around 12% battery (when landed) I almost had heartattack cause for the whole time. Is this disconnecred caused because of low battery? Or maybe rth caused it..?
2018-8-19
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

If you upload the log files off the mobile device to phantomhelp.com and post a link here people can take a look.

Also was it the APP that disconnected or the RC?  (What did the RC screen say, not the app).
2018-8-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles you had. I will be posting a video clip for a better understanding of antenna practices. We're here to help you. Thank you.

2018-8-19
Use props
riot!
lvl.2

@gnirtS

RC doesnt have screen (this is mavic air) how can i obtain and send logs??
2018-8-19
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

Ugh mavic air (I wish the forum would separate the two properly!).
The logs live on the mobile device as a .txt file usually in the folder  ./DJI/dji.pilot/FlightRecord/
It'll be a different .txt file for each flight.  Thats the one you need to upload.

If the drone is 5m away you can ignore the "official" antenna position copy/paste above as well.  At that distance it wont matter!
2018-8-19
Use props
riot!
lvl.2
Poland

Here is log with todays date.

But I think its coded because i can't read anything from this hieroglyphs
2018-8-19
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/   upload the file directly to here.
2018-8-19
Use props
riot!
lvl.2
Poland

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/1XC8XQKTW86XWF4KH5TC/

Here
2018-8-19
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

riot! Posted at 2018-8-19 04:07
Here is log with todays date.

But I think its coded because i can't read anything from this hieroglyphs

This is your flightrecord: http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/K8MUH1UGFJFKGQE61G3Y/

You had the first disconnect at 13m 40.2s which initiated the auto RTH.
There was one more but much shorter disconnect at 14m 4.3s.
You might have forgotten to point the RC/Antennas towards the aircraft at all times.
2018-8-19
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

OK that is a curious one.  As you say, it lost signal at 13 mins 40 seconds and was restored 20 seconds later which is when you cancelled RTH.
Its showing no weak or signal errors before that and very close to you.
Low battery didnt trigger the disconnection and the RTH was triggered by the connection drop not the other way around.

The only other diagnostic i can think of is if the Air like the Pro keeps a .DAT "black box" file on the drone itself.  If so, you can analyse that.
But as you say, it just looks like a random disconnection for no reason at all at the time.
2018-8-19
Use props
riot!
lvl.2
Poland

But there shouldn't be ''random disconnections for no reasons''....
2018-8-19
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

Well there'll be a reason.
The Air uses Wifi unfortunately which is substantially less robust than the Occusync link used by the pro.  A temporary blip of interference, a loose connection, even the app itself crapping out sometimes does it (it locks for a few seconds until it recovers).  It could even be a USB cable issue.
The .DAT file if it keeps them may tell more.
2018-8-19
Use props
riot!
lvl.2
Poland

Here is my DAT file:

https://drive.google.com/open?id ... PVP_iDQotr6Y-nLqVMc

Dunno which program I should open it.
2018-8-19
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

The connection between AC and RC was good no sign of serious disconnection.

Might be the mobile or the app.
2018-8-19
Use props
riot!
lvl.2
Poland

Everything was fine with my samsung s8.... RC fully charged.. is there any RC LOG?

Maybe I should reset any settings?
2018-8-19
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

You don't have to reset anything, that was only one time and the flightlog shows a normal performance for both RC and AC.

2018-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules