Osmo+ Comparison to Phone Video
997 5 2018-8-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Oceanblue
lvl.1

I am wondering if the video from the Osmo+ is superior or maybe even Inferior! ..to any of the Smartphones out there! According to many forums camcorders are always superior to phones! ..but I'm wondering where the Osmo+ falls into any of those video comparisons.
2018-8-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry, there are lots of devices that released on the Market so we cannot ensure if the camera is better than the camera of our Osmo+, however, you can check the specs of the camera of our Osmo+ and compare it to the phone's camera to know which one is better. Please see the link below.

https://www.dji.com/osmo-plus/info#specs
2018-8-20
Use props
FntX
lvl.3
Flight distance : 158734 ft
Germany

Well, I think it boils down to what you can do additionally with an Osmo camera compared to a phone camera and not what they can do on the paper.
The main benefit over a mobile phone would be the possibility to put on filters onto the Osmo[+] - like for example a PL filter.
You're also able to dampen the Z-movement even more with the addition of the z-axis even though most smartphones today have digital image stabilization. In my opinion a smooth image is also a feature of good quality.
2018-8-21
Use props
Oceanblue
lvl.1

Yes FntX, your right about the filters & accessories! ..I can't even find a reliable way of shading my phone lens from side glare!  The reason I'm asking most of these question is because I bought a phone Gimbal awhile back, and outside of bad Audio,  ..The HD Video quality and general exposure on the phone Videos, have been pretty good! ..But I'm considering making the jump to the Osmo+, with it's own Gimbal, ..because of the accessories available and also the zoom capability, which is terrible on my phone!  One last question! I read something last night that said Osmo+, only works with iPhones  and not with any androids for it's cameras view, Is that correct?
2018-8-22
Use props
FntX
lvl.3
Flight distance : 158734 ft
Germany

As I said - the video quality on most modern smartphones is undoubtedly great but if you want to take the perfect shot or want to have a decent foundation for post processing in, say, Lightroom, you'll get better results with a dedicated camera. And this is where the Zenmuse cams come in. But in some Situations I even use my phone actively as a video camera, for example for interior shots of cars, because it focuses better on short distances!

I can't confirm any problems with the Android app. I'm using a OnePlus 5 with Android 5. I was also successful in pairing it with the Huawei Tablet (v4) in my car but only on the 2.4ghz band because the tablet doesn't support 5ghz WiFi.
The only thing I know about is that the app is currently not supporting Android v9 so if you happen to own a device with the most recent android release, you're -as of now- out of luck.
2018-8-22
Use props
Oceanblue
lvl.1

Thanks FntX  I appreciate all the Help!
2018-8-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules