2167 32 2018-8-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Battistella
lvl.2
Flight distance : 154521 ft
Italy

Hi,

Couple of issues to report after a flight last night.  No shots were lost but a few annoyances.

1. Was getting gimbal stabilization error in virtually no wind as the drone was rock steady.

2. Had video picture freeze, going into playback mode and back out solved the problem.

3. Switched to panoramic mode. Drone was close enough to see, no/low wind.
Got a GIMBAL error (stay still error) can not take the panorama.
I tried a few times and it did not work.  
-Quit out of the app and logged back in, that did not work.  
-The app would not let me switch back to video recording mode.
-At that point I could not make a photo,
-could not switch out of panoramic mode
-could not record video or take any photos

Ended flight safely but a bit of a drag because 5 minutes of valuable flight time in gorgeous light was wasted.

Happy flying everyone.

David

2018-8-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Our apologies for the inconvenience. Please provide a screenshot of the error message or if it is convenient for you, kindly provide a short video showing the issue. You can upload it by using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here. Thanks for your support.
2018-8-21
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Firmware versions, DJI go versions and the mobile device used would be helpful.

Check the flight logs for errors.  Did you try the pause button on the RC?
2018-8-21
Use props
Battistella
lvl.2
Italy

gnirtS Posted at 2018-8-21 02:42
Firmware versions, DJI go versions and the mobile device used would be helpful.

Check the flight logs for errors.  Did you try the pause button on the RC?

I will check the flight logs, thank you.  Also, can you explain more about the pause button?

I have the latest iOS version of DJI GO 4 app and the most recent version of the MAIVIC Firmware
2018-8-21
Use props
Battistella
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-8-21 02:35
Our apologies for the inconvenience. Please provide a screenshot of the error message or if it is convenient for you, kindly provide a short video showing the issue. You can upload it by using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here. Thanks for your support.

Hi,

I did not screen record the flight and I tend not to do that.  I close up all the other running apps and just have DJI GO running.  I have exported a Flight log but I do not know how to access it to look at the CSV file, which I presume does have the error messages in it.

David
2018-8-21
Use props
Battistella
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-8-21 02:35

During the panorama, the warning was

THE AIRCRAFT IS MOVING< CAN NOT SHOOT PANORAMA

Then I also got a

SHOOTING INTERUPTED message

2018-8-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Battistella Posted at 2018-8-21 05:09
Hi,

I did not screen record the flight and I tend not to do that.  I close up all the other running apps and just have DJI GO running.  I have exported a Flight log but I do not know how to access it to look at the CSV file, which I presume does have the error messages in it.

May I know what tablet/phone and IOS/Android version you are using? What is the version  of your DJI Go 4 app and the model of the SD card? Kindly back up your files and sync your flight records and then reinstall the APP.
2018-8-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Battistella Posted at 2018-8-21 05:09
Hi,

Some occasions might not be able to shoot a pano mode: the drone is moving, sticks are moving to quit, height/distance limitation, the gimbal is stuck, the gimbal is moving and insufficient space and damage SD card. Please check if you are in one of the conditions. If it doesn't work, it would be nice if you can provide me with a video of the operating procedure, I would like to check. Thank you.
2018-8-21
Use props
Battistella
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-8-21 07:29
May I know what tablet/phone and IOS/Android version you are using? What is the version  of your DJI Go 4 app and the model of the SD card? Kindly back up your files and sync your flight records and then reinstall the APP.

This problem has been occurring with the iPhone SE latest iOS version of DJI GO 4.
Another problem last night with image freezes.  Clear line of sight 350 meters and the image froze.  Very frustrating. What is the point of having long range if you can not see an image.  I had to quit and reboot the app during a flight.  Not good.  Lost some really nice light and cut my flight short.
2018-8-21
Use props
Battistella
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-8-21 07:33
Some occasions might not be able to shoot a pano mode: the drone is moving, sticks are moving to quit, height/distance limitation, the gimbal is stuck, the gimbal is moving and insufficient space and damage SD card. Please check if you are in one of the conditions. If it doesn't work, it would be nice if you can provide me with a video of the operating procedure, I would like to check. Thank you.

Was able to shoot pano this evening, but as I mentioned in the post above I had problems with image freezes in very open areas with clear line of sight to the drone.

I don’t really want to reinstall the app but I will do it because you are suggesting ti.  I have no way to completely back up my phone where I am at this moment.
2018-8-21
Use props
Battistella
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-8-21 07:29

The model of the SD card is the one that came with the Mavic.  I also have the same model in the  32GB version of the Lexar 633
I also have a 64GB Scandisk extreme plus which I will use today asI have been rotatin the lexar cards.  I format the cards before every flight so space should not be an issue.
2018-8-21
Use props
Battistella
lvl.2
Italy

THere is another important thing to consider when doing reinstalls.  I am currently in a zone without WIFI and only cellular 4G internet.  When I attempt to reinstall the app I get a message from that APP store stating that the DL is over 150 MB and that it might not happen unless the APP creator has allowed segmented  downloading of the APP.  Apparently your app does not allow segmented downloading and needs to be connected to WIFI to download and reinstall.

Considering your users probably rely heavily on cellular data and do go into remote areas, it might not be a bad idea to allow segmented  downloading of your app.

David
2018-8-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Battistella Posted at 2018-8-21 21:51
This problem has been occurring with the iPhone SE latest iOS version of DJI GO 4.
Another problem last night with image freezes.  Clear line of sight 350 meters and the image froze.  Very frustrating. What is the point of having long range if you can not see an image.  I had to quit and reboot the app during a flight.  Not good.  Lost some really nice light and cut my flight short.

I understand. Do you have a different phone to use so that we can isolate the issue?
2018-8-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Battistella Posted at 2018-8-21 21:56
Was able to shoot pano this evening, but as I mentioned in the post above I had problems with image freezes in very open areas with clear line of sight to the drone.

I don’t really want to reinstall the app but I will do it because you are suggesting ti.  I have no way to completely back up my phone where I am at this moment.

Alright, please keep me posted if the issue is still the same after reinstalling the APP. Thanks.
2018-8-22
Use props
Battistella
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-8-22 04:01
Alright, please keep me posted if the issue is still the same after reinstalling the APP. Thanks.

Will do and will try to capture the screen if it happens again. I can try with an iPhone 6 and also with the iPad to see if it the SE That is causing the problems.  Been using it quite a bit problem free but maybe as the app stores more video it becomes a problem.

Will do what I can to help you.
2018-8-22
Use props
Battistella
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-8-22 03:55
I understand. Do you have a different phone to use so that we can isolate the issue?

Will try 2018 iPad this evening and also can try an iPhone 6 as well.

David

2018-8-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Battistella Posted at 2018-8-22 04:25
Will try 2018 iPad this evening and also can try an iPhone 6 as well.

David

Ok, I will wait for your update. Thanks.
2018-8-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Battistella Posted at 2018-8-22 04:24
Will do and will try to capture the screen if it happens again. I can try with an iPhone 6 and also with the iPad to see if it the SE That is causing the problems.  Been using it quite a bit problem free but maybe as the app stores more video it becomes a problem.

Will do what I can to help you.

That would be helpful for us to check what is the main issue.
2018-8-22
Use props
Battistella
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-8-22 04:01

Update.  After the reinstall I had zero problems yesterday.   I also changed to the 64GB scandisk extreme card.  These are the two things that changed compared to prior flights.  

I also have deleted all of the cache files as well and any projects that were created.

I have a feeling that as the projects build up the apps performance slows down, but that is just a hunch.

Thanks,
David
2018-8-22
Use props
Battistella
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-8-22 05:52
That would be helpful for us to check what is the main issue.

Only used the IPhone SE on the last shoot and there were no problems will test with iPad later today.

David

2018-8-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Battistella Posted at 2018-8-22 23:31
Only used the IPhone SE on the last shoot and there were no problems will test with iPad later today.

David

That's good to hear. Let me know if you have issues with your iPad. Thanks!
2018-8-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Battistella Posted at 2018-8-22 23:29
Update.  After the reinstall I had zero problems yesterday.   I also changed to the 64GB scandisk extreme card.  These are the two things that changed compared to prior flights.  

I also have deleted all of the cache files as well and any projects that were created.

Let me know if you encounter other issues. We are hear to help.
2018-8-23
Use props
LAKSHAN99
lvl.1

Italy

Battistella Posted at 2018-8-21 21:51

2018-8-23
Use props
Battistella
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-8-23 01:09

Awesome. Will do!

David
2018-8-23
Use props
Battistella
lvl.2
Italy

LAKSHAN99 Posted at 2018-8-23 03:40

Will try with an iPhone 6 on the next flight, but after the reinstall on the SE i had no problems.

David

2018-8-23
Use props
Battistella
lvl.2
Italy

HI,

Had another flight this evening and it all went well. When I went to check shots on the DJI GO 4 APP i discovered that none of the footage was recorded in the app.

The footage was recorded on the card, so no problem, but I could not review or see any of the footage I had shot today in the app.  

Again, this was with the iPhone SE, freshly formatted card, etc.

David

2018-8-24
Use props
Battistella
lvl.2
Italy

Also,

Congratulations on your new products launched yesterday, they look pretty sweet.

David
2018-8-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Battistella Posted at 2018-8-24 09:08
HI,

Had another flight this evening and it all went well. When I went to check shots on the DJI GO 4 APP i discovered that none of the footage was recorded in the app.

Hello, Kindly enable cache during video shooting from the APP. Here is the screenshot for your reference.

2018-8-25
Use props
Battistella
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-8-25 07:06
Hello, Kindly enable cache during video shooting from the APP. Here is the screenshot for your reference.

[view_image]

Ah Yes maybe this had to all be reset when I reinstalled the app?  But it did record the three previous flights. Strange.  

David

2018-8-25
Use props
Battistella
lvl.2
Italy

[view_image]

Ah Yes maybe this had to all be reset when I reinstalled the app?  But it did record the three previous flights. Strange.  

David

2018-8-25
Use props
DJI_ALEX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27273678 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I get this all the times whilst doing 360s on the mavic air
2018-8-25
Use props
DJI_ALEX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27273678 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I get this all the times whilst doing 360s on the mavic air.
2018-8-25
Use props
Battistella
lvl.2
Italy

[view_image]

I double checked my settings and I had cache during shooting on and I had clear cache automatically off.  I did get a warning that the cache was ful from the last flight.  BUT, before then next flight I manually deleted all of the projects in the the DJI GO app.  

I thought this would remove footage and create space for the next flight but it did not, the old shots were all still there.  

I now have clear cache automatically switched ON.

Thanks,

David

2018-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules