Reason for disconnecting
2060 29 2015-5-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Shepherd
lvl.1

United States

How do I figure out what's causing my disconnecting issue? I just had it happen again with no channel interference and good sat. signal. My P3 was 170' straight up.
2015-5-27
Use props
danno1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1043150 ft
United States

What was the configuration of your remote antennas?  When going straight up I had similar issues which were resolved by moving my remote antennas to straight out from the controller rather than "up".
2015-5-27
Use props
Shepherd
lvl.1

United States

danno1 Posted at 2015-5-27 22:03
What was the configuration of your remote antennas?  When going straight up I had similar issues whi ...

they are straight out as well. Yesterday I was flying 80' up and 200' out and lost signal prompting a "return to home". all these have been line of sight.
2015-5-27
Use props
long
lvl.1
United States

I have same issue
2015-5-27
Use props
Shepherd
lvl.1

United States

so no one has any ideas how to diagnose this issue ?
2015-5-27
Use props
Total
Second Officer
Flight distance : 336480 ft
Canada

Android ? Apple ?
2015-5-27
Use props
Shepherd
lvl.1

United States

Android, note 3
2015-5-27
Use props
Total
Second Officer
Flight distance : 336480 ft
Canada

Sorry but I have never had a disconnect with a Sony z2  ,  Android .   I was going to mention if you had a Apple device a new app was released today ..
2015-5-27
Use props
dhillssr
lvl.2

United States

Total Posted at 2015-5-28 11:09
Sorry but I have never had a disconnect with a Sony z2  ,  Android .   I was going to mention if you ...

Did you happen to have your phone in your pocket while flying. It has been happening to me daily, but today I flew and my phone was in the car on the charger and I noticed I flew really far away and I didn't have any issues.

I don't know it that was really the case but I am trying to narrow it down to a few scenarios.
2015-5-27
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

Change a cable, try another device?
2015-5-28
Use props
Shepherd
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-5-29 09:35
Change a cable, try another device?

I have a shielded cable coming, I own no other compatable device
2015-5-28
Use props
snsjets
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2730518 ft
United States

By chance did you change camera mode?  Video to photo or photo to video?  My Tab 3 will disconnect for some reason when I change camera modes.  I can still control and land the P3 but the picture screen is gray and telemetry is missing.

2015-5-28
Use props
Pilot4Delta
lvl.1

United States

I have been having the same issue with a P3A on an iPhone 6+.  It started the first time I used the new version of the DJI app and is occurring nearly every flight.  I lose my picture and get a disconnect message, but fortunately am able to control the drone.  DJI, please correct this bug ASAP before we start losing our equipment.  
2015-5-29
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

If you maintain visual contact with your drone at all times  (As required by the USA FAA regulations.) You should not have a problem flying it home without the screen.

However.  I agrees it does seem to be an issue for some owners.  I have been using an iPad Air 2 and not had any issues with a disconnect.
But I always disable the radios in the tablet before flight.  (I put the tablet in airplane mode.)
2015-5-29
Use props
Pilot4Delta
lvl.1

United States

Fulgerite Posted at 2015-5-30 09:59
If you maintain visual contact with your drone at all times  (As required by the USA FAA regulations ...

Obviously true, but that is no reason to accept the disconnects as an acceptable issue.
2015-5-29
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

Pilot4Delta@gma Posted at 2015-5-30 11:13
Obviously true, but that is no reason to accept the disconnects as an acceptable issue.

Agreed.  But there are many reasons a disconnect can occur.  And not all of them may be DJI's fault.  For example your Tablet may not be running a version of Android or iOS that is compatible with the app.

I hope that a solution can be found to help the people having issues.  .  I am sure it's very frustrating.
2015-5-29
Use props
Pilot4Delta
lvl.1

United States

Fulgerite Posted at 2015-5-30 13:55
Agreed.  But there are many reasons a disconnect can occur.  And not all of them may be DJI's fault ...

That's true.  Yet in this case I am running the newest version of iOS on the newest model iPhone (6+). I made no changes to the iPhone or os except for loading the new version of the app. From the moment it was updated, the pilot app no longer worked correctly. I have shut down all apps running in the background as well as BT and WiFi.  It is not a range thing as it occurs sometimes on the ground just feet away. I have replaced the cable twice. The antennas are out like this \ /. I have reloaded the app twice. I have tried to choose a manual channel but when it is disconnected this is not an option.

I am 99% sure there is some bug in the app causing this problem. It is not just the video that cuts out. It is all the information in the app...battery life, distance, altitude, everything!   If you think this is an acceptable situation, try taking your device off your remote and fly the P3 around. It is certainly possible to do, but kind of defeats the purpose of spending $1000 on a flying camera if you can't even see what you are taking pictures of.

DJI, please provide a fix for those of us now having these issues.

I love my new P3A, but until it stop disconnecting, I will never feel 100% comfortable using it.
2015-5-30
Use props
niktnowy
lvl.2

United States

DJI supplied cable is not the best quality.
its a shame that in such a sophisticated equipment the weakest point is a frikken  usb

2015-5-30
Use props
Pilot4Delta
lvl.1

United States

niktnowy Posted at 2015-5-30 20:11
DJI supplied cable is not the best quality.
its a shame that in such a sophisticated equipment the  ...

I have not tried that one as it won't fit an iPhone.
2015-5-30
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

Pilot4Delta@gma Posted at 2015-5-30 20:00
That's true.  Yet in this case I am running the newest version of iOS on the newest model iPhone ( ...

Not saying that the antenna position has anything to do with disconnect... But:

The antennas on the controller should NOT be like this:  \ /  

If you look at the antennas on the drone they are vertical. I I

The antennas on the controller should also be vertical  I I

2015-5-30
Use props
Pilot4Delta
lvl.1

United States

Fulgerite Posted at 2015-5-30 23:46
Not saying that the antenna position has anything to do with disconnect... But:

The antennas on t ...

Somewhere Tahoe Ed said to put them like this \ /
2015-5-30
Use props
Pilot4Delta
lvl.1

United States

The manual shows them straight up but I seriously doubt this is the issue as the drone is sometimes 5 feet away when the disconnects happen.
2015-5-30
Use props
stevesx55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 942651 ft
United States

Do you still have firmware on your memory card...P3 will always try to update if firmware is still on ..and app will disconnect... Hope this helps!!!
2015-5-30
Use props
salota8550 This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-5-30
Use props
Pilot4Delta
lvl.1

United States

The firmware instructions say to keep it on he card, but it has been updated and I will try to remove it. The app version is 1.1.2.

The problems did not occur after the firmware update, just after the DJI app refresh
2015-5-30
Use props
wcoleman
lvl.1

United States

I am having the exact same problem after the iOS App update to 1.1.2. I had been flying flawlessly before the App update but every time since the update has been a problem. I would like to return to the DJI Pilot version 1.1.1 to verify the problem is with 1.1.2, but I have upgraded directly to my iPad since 1.0.3 came out. Therefore that last verion I have in my iTunes is 1.0.3.

If anyone has the iOS version 1.1.1 stored in their iTunes and is having this problem see if you can downgrade and let us know if it corrects the problem.

UPDATE: I reloaded iOS DJI Pilot 1.1.2 and just flew all the way to low power warning and about 2000' distance and no problems at all. I'll keep testing.
2015-5-30
Use props
salota8550 This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-6-2
Use props
torpedo609
lvl.1
Flight distance : 780591 ft
United States

I'm having the same disconnect issue with IOS and iphone 6 plus and all the latest app and firmware. I was just on the phone with DJI and they said to try and re-bind the radio and P3P . .I just did it and will report back .. the disconnect does not happen every time ...  
2015-6-3
Use props
torpedo609
lvl.1
Flight distance : 780591 ft
United States

\

This was from yesterdays flight on the way back from a 1000 ft away flight . the good news is the the radio and Phantom do not seem to have any connection problems. It's just the app and all the flight information.
IMG_8349.PNG
2015-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules