Broken antenna and 1 other question
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tonydiato
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25994 ft

United States

I am going to look at purchasing this Phantom 3 advanced drone. The guy said one antenna is broken due to the way the unit was stored. He said the drone still works and is giving me a good deal on it.

Any thought on how to repair this?
I was thinking to get a set of new screw on antenna extenders and use a large washer and inside the unit to hold it in place?

Also, the drone does say advanced on it but the stickers are red and purple instead of the silver stripes i see online? Is this a preference and stickers come with the drone?

Thanks in advanced for your help.

ANTENNA

ANTENNA

39522504_2675999905959434_8367499361021591552_n.jpg
2018-8-21
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Never seen a break quite like that one.  Looks like he might have tried to repair it but used the wrong glue?  Why is he selling it?  

Those controllers are known for being brittle.  The plastic crumbles and breaks easily for some reason.

Personally, if you were to buy that, I would mod that controller to an ITELITE antenna and use the clean install kit.  It will still probably look weird at those holes.  But the antenna would work great!

You could also snipe a good controller on eBay.  I got a 300A last year for $100 used, works great, looks new.  

Don't worry about the stripes on the AC.  An advanced is an advanced.  

Good luck
2018-8-21
Use props
tonydiato
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25994 ft

United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-8-21 18:50
Never seen a break quite like that one.  Looks like he might have tried to repair it but used the wrong glue?  Why is he selling it?  

Those controllers are known for being brittle.  The plastic crumbles and breaks easily for some reason.

how many extra miles do you get with that antenna you suggested?
2018-8-21
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Study the world record distance for these folks and check which antennas they use to get an idea of what is possible w/ additional mods...

https://phantompilots.com/thread ... -leaderboard.76464/
2018-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules