Linking button missing.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tonydiato
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25994 ft

United States

I updated the firmware on the controller (transmitter) and the controller needs to be relinked to the drone. It worked fine before the upgrade. I follwed the manual about hitting the linking button, but it is not next to the red light. I took the lid off and you can see there is nothing there next to the black light filter. Any thoughts on this? How can i relink without this button?
phantom 3 advanced

Thanks.
Tony

2018-8-22
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

Have you contact dji support?
2018-8-24
Use props
tonydiato
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25994 ft

United States

I figured it out. I just bought this drone used and it worked when I was with the person I bought it from. When i installed the software on my iphone it said, UPDATE firmware on transmitter. Once I updated the firmware I had to LInk it back to the transmitter. This is when I realized the button to LINK was missing. I removed the back panel where the button was to be, and after Looking on line at other images, I saw that the Button was at one time removed. SO, i just got a screw drive and made contact on the circuit board, AND now it works and Links up.
2018-8-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

tonydiato Posted at 2018-8-24 22:05
I figured it out. I just bought this drone used and it worked when I was with the person I bought it from. When i installed the software on my iphone it said, UPDATE firmware on transmitter. Once I updated the firmware I had to LInk it back to the transmitter. This is when I realized the button to LINK was missing. I removed the back panel where the button was to be, and after Looking on line at other images, I saw that the Button was at one time removed. SO, i just got a screw drive and made contact on the circuit board, AND now it works and Links up.

Good job. Glad it worked for you.

Nice of you to share the explanation as well. That’s often missing. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2018-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules