Phantom 4 issues
485 11 2018-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_GW0LqGp6MpTa
lvl.1

Drone connects to DJI go app and reports ready to fly.  Gimbal dial doesn't control camera, drone flys fine but video feed cuts out when cooling fan comes on.  There is no telemetry, gps, or battery status displayed in app, they all say NA.  After a few minutes the app shows an aircraft encoder error and gimbal joint error and disconnected status.  After the disconnected message appears on the app and the drone is disconnected from the app it still flies fine and at that point the gimpal dial works correctly.  I am unable to refresh or rollback drone firmware using both the app and assistant.  With assistant it gets to 55% and hangs, the drone restarts twice and then it says update failed.  The app seems to go to about 99% but I'm not sure if that percentage is accurate, it eventually says connection lost as the drone restarts a couple times and eventually reports the update timed out.  When I click restore to factory in assistant it says successful but still shows FW as .0700.  I feel this is probably a corrupted firmware update but have no luck timing back or refreshing the FW.
2018-8-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry about that. Just to clarify, may I know what mobile device are you currently using?
2018-8-24
Use props
djiuser_GW0LqGp6MpTa
lvl.1

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-8-24 09:29
Hi, we're sorry about that. Just to clarify, may I know what mobile device are you currently using?

I have tried a Samsung S9+ as well as a Samsung Tab A.
2018-8-24
Use props
djiuser_GW0LqGp6MpTa
lvl.1

djiuser_GW0LqGp6MpTa Posted at 2018-8-24 10:01

If the factory reset from Assistant 2 was actually successful should the FW be rolled back as well?
2018-8-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_GW0LqGp6MpTa Posted at 2018-8-24 10:01

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. Phantom 4 Standard will work on DJI Go 4 App. I just want to make sure that you download the DJI Go 4 app, not the DJI Go app. Thanks.
2018-8-24
Use props
djiuser_GW0LqGp6MpTa
lvl.1

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-8-24 10:07
Hi, thanks for the quick reply. Phantom 4 Standard will work on DJI Go 4 App. I just want to make sure that you download the DJI Go 4 app, not the DJI Go app. Thanks.

Yes I am using the Go 4 App
2018-8-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_GW0LqGp6MpTa Posted at 2018-8-24 10:03
If the factory reset from Assistant 2 was actually successful should the FW be rolled back as well?

Yes, have you tried to refresh the firmware after the factory reset?
2018-8-24
Use props
djiuser_GW0LqGp6MpTa
lvl.1

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-8-24 10:34
Yes, have you tried to refresh the firmware after the factory reset?

Yes I have, after the Assistant 2 states that the factory reset was successful it still shows the AC FW a .0700 so maybe the factory reset is not actually successful?  I have tried multiple times to through both the Assistant 2 and DJI Go 4 app to refresh/upgrade/downgrade the firmware and it fails every time.  Is there a certain blinking pattern of the LED that would indicate there is actually data transfer happening.
2018-8-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_GW0LqGp6MpTa Posted at 2018-8-24 10:49
Yes I have, after the Assistant 2 states that the factory reset was successful it still shows the AC FW a .0700 so maybe the factory reset is not actually successful?  I have tried multiple times to through both the Assistant 2 and DJI Go 4 app to refresh/upgrade/downgrade the firmware and it fails every time.  Is there a certain blinking pattern of the LED that would indicate there is actually data transfer happening.

Hi. Sorry for the late response. Did you try to reinstall the DJI Assistant 2 or use a different computer?
2018-8-26
Use props
djiuser_GW0LqGp6MpTa
lvl.1

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-26 04:43
Hi. Sorry for the late response. Did you try to reinstall the DJI Assistant 2 or use a different computer?

I have reinstalled the Assistant 2 a few times, and tried different versions of Assistant 2 with no luck.  I have tried with and without the SD card and tried a brand new SD card. When I connect with the Go 4 app, I get no telemetry, battery out GPS information.  If I connect to DJI go app as a Phantom 3 Pro all of the telemetry, GPS and battery info displays correctly.  On the go 4 app is says I have the latest firmware even after factory reset says successful.  On the go app (not4) it says firmware update required for Assistant and camera.
2018-8-26
Use props
djiuser_GW0LqGp6MpTa
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_GW0LqGp6MpTa Posted at 2018-8-26 05:25
I have reinstalled the Assistant 2 a few times, and tried different versions of Assistant 2 with no luck.  I have tried with and without the SD card and tried a brand new SD card. When I connect with the Go 4 app, I get no telemetry, battery out GPS information.  If I connect to DJI go app as a Phantom 3 Pro all of the telemetry, GPS and battery info displays correctly.  On the go 4 app is says I have the latest firmware even after factory reset says successful.  On the go app (not4) it says firmware update required for Assistant and camera.

On the Go App (not 4) it says update required for aircraft and camera.  Go 4 app says all firmware is latest version.  When I click on check for update in Go App 4 it just spins and never completes.
2018-8-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_GW0LqGp6MpTa Posted at 2018-8-26 05:25
I have reinstalled the Assistant 2 a few times, and tried different versions of Assistant 2 with no luck.  I have tried with and without the SD card and tried a brand new SD card. When I connect with the Go 4 app, I get no telemetry, battery out GPS information.  If I connect to DJI go app as a Phantom 3 Pro all of the telemetry, GPS and battery info displays correctly.  On the go 4 app is says I have the latest firmware even after factory reset says successful.  On the go app (not4) it says firmware update required for Assistant and camera.

I see. If that's the case, I highly suggest to send the unit to our repair facility and have a check up.
2018-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules