Osmo 2 - whirring/grinding sound when held at certain angels. Nor...
2670 6 2018-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cmarriott
lvl.1
United States

Hey guys!

Question: Should the OM2 ever produce a loud, whirring/grinding sound if held at a weird or extreme angle? Just trying to figure out what’s normal. It's properly balanced/latest firmware, yada, yada.

Also sometimes you can hear/feel the motors give a little “thunk” during a moderate pan or while using the joystick.

Is this a normal thing or do I have a defective unit?

Any help appreciated, thanks!

2018-8-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. Did you try to calibrate the gimbal? Can you also send a short video showing the problem? You may upload it through youtube or Dropbox and provide us the link.
2018-8-25
Use props
cmarriott
lvl.1

Yep, I've calibrated. I've noticed the sound mostly in flashlight mode but also in a few other angles like certain positions when turning sideways to go from landscape to portrait .

Here's a video of the sound:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... 70/view?usp=sharing

Thanks!
2018-8-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

cmarriott Posted at 2018-8-25 10:05
Yep, I've calibrated. I've noticed the sound mostly in flashlight mode but also in a few other angles like certain positions when turning sideways to go from landscape to portrait .

Thank you for the video. Is the Balance Adjustment Knob or Holder Lock Knob tightened? Is the mobile phone mounted close to the main frame pad of the mobile phone holder?
2018-8-26
Use props
YeahNope
lvl.3
Canada

cmarriott Posted at 2018-8-25 10:05

Looks to me like you're hitting the rotation limits of the Osmo. That is, you're hitting the mechanical stops.
2018-8-26
Use props
cmarriott
lvl.1

Hi @DJIWanda,

Yeah, I’ve tightened the all the knobs and phone (iPhone X)  is slid all the way in so the phone charging port is touching the holder and the back of the phone is sitting flush with the cradle pad.

@YeahNope Yeah, I am hitting the stop in that video, just wasn’t sure if that noise is normal when hitting it since it doesn’t make it when I hit a stop out of flashlight mode.

I’ve also noticed it going to different orientations (like when rotating from a landscape hold to a portrait hold) but that a little more random and harder to replicate)

As long as it’s normal, it’s a manageable nuisance, I just don’t have a device to compare it with.

It’s new, so if it’s not normal or there is a defect somewhere I just wanna make sure I swap it out at the store.

Thanks all!
2018-8-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

cmarriott Posted at 2018-8-26 08:57
Hi @DJIWanda,

Yeah, I’ve tightened the all the knobs and phone (iPhone X)  is slid all the way in so the phone charging port is touching the holder and the back of the phone is sitting flush with the cradle pad.

Sorry for the late response. We were able to check this to our higher tier that it's just normal since Osmo gimbal can't rotate 360° and that sound serves as the warning.
2018-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules