Mavic Air bricked by software
2120 16 2018-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CharmlessNurk
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hello. I've had my Mavic Air since the end of April and it's been a joy. Up and down and round and round, taking pictures and video like some sort of art ponce.

Yesterday, I went to fly it, and it would not connect to the remote. No, nope, thanks but no. The function button on the drone just flashed yellow, no beep when pressed, no response. Just nothing. I'm using an iPhone 7 with the latest iOS. It won't connect via wired or wireless, RC or phone only. Won't let me access camera view. Nothing works. Not Go 4, not Assistant 2, not screaming at the sky and setting fire to a goat in supplication. Nothing.

I've tried updating the firmware via Assistant 2 but it fails every time. Every. Singe. Time. This is on an iMac running High Sierra 10.13.5 with a newly installed version of the Assistant software. The RC updated fine, but the drone just will not play ball. Assistant says current firmware version is 00.00.0000 which is nice. I have managed to reset to factory settings successfully, and then restarted the drone and tried updating the firmware. No joy.

What in the name of God's fragrant anus is going on here?
2018-8-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, we are really sorry about that. Can you please try to use different PC/laptop? Let's see if this will work. Thank you.
2018-8-24
Use props
CharmlessNurk
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-8-24 16:48
Hi, we are really sorry about that. Can you please try to use different PC/laptop? Let's see if this will work. Thank you.

Yeah just tried. Downloaded the Assistant app to my MacBook Air running High Sierra 10.13.5. Ran the update. Downloaded to 99% then stalled for 5 minutes before “failed” notice. Same as on iMac. Bored of this now.
2018-8-24
Use props
OneDoesNotSimply
Second Officer
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

Try a proper computer and not that Mac nonsense ;)
2018-8-24
Use props
OneDoesNotSimply
Second Officer
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

Isn't there a factory or hard reset you can do on the Mavic instead of trying to update?
2018-8-24
Use props
LordoftheFlies
lvl.3

Following this thread...
2018-8-24
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Interesting what's going on?
2018-8-24
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

When you reset back to factory did it then allow connection to the Assistant 2? The new Assistant 2 will be an issue. I had this same problem with my Spark when the Air was released and updated the Assistant for the Air. It bricked my Spark next fly safe database update and DJI replaced it for Free and Free shipping.
2018-8-24
Use props
CharmlessNurk
lvl.1

United Kingdom

bjr981s Posted at 2018-8-24 23:00
When you reset back to factory did it then allow connection to the Assistant 2? The new Assistant 2 will be an issue. I had this same problem with my Spark when the Air was released and updated the Assistant for the Air. It bricked my Spark next fly safe database update and DJI replaced it for Free and Free shipping.

I didn't have any issue connecting to Assistant 2. It was already on my iMac and I downloaded it to my Macbook at the suggestion of the mod/admin on here. On both machines it connects just fine, recognises the drone as a Mavic Air and downloads 99% of the update before "failure". I connected the Mavic RC (eventually worked out you have to connect by the micro USB port on the side rather than the main USB port underneath), and updated the firmware on that just peachy. But the drone will not update no matter how many times I swear at it.
2018-8-25
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

hmmm. now that you have updated the controller try using the iPhone to do the update. Completely uninstall DJI Go 4 off the phone first and reboot make sure that the Go 4 data has been deleted then try again.

I can only think that you have a corrupted FW file.

Cheers
2018-8-26
Use props
CharmlessNurk
lvl.1

United Kingdom

bjr981s Posted at 2018-8-26 08:57
hmmm. now that you have updated the controller try using the iPhone to do the update. Completely uninstall DJI Go 4 off the phone first and reboot make sure that the Go 4 data has been deleted then try again.

I can only think that you have a corrupted FW file.

Thanks. I've tried this. No joy. The phone simply does not see the drone.
2018-8-26
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

CharmlessNurk Posted at 2018-8-26 11:51
Thanks. I've tried this. No joy. The phone simply does not see the drone.

I guess you will need to send it off to DJI.
2018-8-27
Use props
CharmlessNurk
lvl.1

United Kingdom

bjr981s Posted at 2018-8-27 04:41
I guess you will need to send it off to DJI.

Yep, looks that way. Tra la la, what a joy.
2018-8-27
Use props
djiuser_KXGKENc145UO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8219 ft
Canada

Mine is flashing green red yellow and can't connect the drone to anything only the rc will connect to the app and assistant 2 what can I do
2020-5-7
Use props
Monk32
lvl.3
Flight distance : 50915 ft
Greece

Hi..before send it to service, try a connection without the sd card in drone's slot.
A corrupted sd card can disrupt the drone operation completely.
2020-5-11
Use props
djiuser_KXGKENc145UO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8219 ft
Canada

There is no sd card in the drone at all
2020-5-11
Use props
fansbc0f1fc8
lvl.1
Martinique