camera issues
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa5b90cfb
lvl.1
Australia

After not using my Pro three for a year I tried flying which was fine except when I tried to take photos. The images would not store and I could not record video. When I push the shutter button the screen goes black for about 10 seconds before coming back up video feed is fine but when I hit record it goes black and then turns back to still camera. I have installed the new firmware on both the drone and the RC and reinstalled the app on my iPad with no different result.  Runing out of ideas and patience.

2018-8-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the inconvenience that you have faced. Regarding with your concern just to make sure you have a working SD On the Aircraft or if there is give a try to format it or try to use a different SD card. And also try to calibrate the Remote controller and Gimbal as well.
2018-8-25
Use props
Truckermark
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-8-25 07:22
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the inconvenience that you have faced. Regarding with your concern just to make sure you have a working SD On the Aircraft or if there is give a try to format it or try to use a different SD card. And also try to calibrate the Remote controller and Gimbal as well.

Tried all the above and still no improvement. Running out of options before I send it off to DJI
2018-8-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

DJI Stephen's reply is spot on, the SD card is stopping you from recording. Try formatting it in the aircraft using the DJI Go App, but first copy off any material you wish to keep. If that does not solve the problem, try another card.
2018-8-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Truckermark Posted at 2018-8-25 17:34
Tried all the above and still no improvement. Running out of options before I send it off to DJI

Hi. Sorry for the late response. Did you try to use different SD card?
2018-8-26
Use props
Truckermark
lvl.1
Australia

Yes two different sd cards and two different cords. No change
2018-8-26
Use props
Truckermark
lvl.1
Australia

Finally sent my drone into DJI in Melbourne for repairs using the original DJI box I had the drone delivered in when I bought it. Vacuum formed to suit the system. Turned out the issue was a damaged cord from the gimbal to the aircraft, easy fix they said. The only issue was the drone and controller were damaged "on arrival at the facility" in Melbourne and the bill had now more than tripled. After being stonewalled and not being able to get photographic evidence of the damage to the box only the drone and the controller and months of backwards and forwards with the 'help' department I gave up and agreed to the repairs. There was NO damage to my drone or controller prior to shipment and for the damage to have occurred the box would have been severely damaged. On receiving my drone back after repairs I found they had shipped it back in the original box I had used which had NO damage to it and on opening I found a new controller and a used drone that was not mine. I have been advised that this is a DJI repair option in their contracts but I have no idea of the history of the drone of flight hours or previous damage nothing and have now pretty much been dropped from the help service. I have seen similar posts about this happening during and out of warranty, mine was out, and one had pics strangely similar to my damage.    Any ideas or has anyone else having the same frustration.
2018-12-2
Use props
Truckermark
lvl.1
Australia

Sorry messed up with the pics This is the controller damage.
2018-12-2
Use props
Truckermark
lvl.1
Australia

This is the undamaged box after the trip to and from the repair facility.
2018-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules