DJI Spark: Not palm landing while low on battery
1069 6 2018-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BHZ
lvl.1

Hi,
As the title suggests, I have found out that while the battery is low, the Spark won't palm land: it will avoid my palm as if it was an obstacle, and keeps trying to fly back up with the little battery it has left.
This is not very convenient, since it forces me to try to improvise a landing platform right below where the Spark is, and it would have been much easier to just catch it with the hand.

I haven't found a topic about this even though it seems to me like an obvious 'issue', so I opened this one. Please redirect me if this has been discussed already.

2018-8-24
Use props
Ani
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1148 ft

Did you switch to Gesture mode before doing a palm land?
2018-8-24
Use props
BHZ
lvl.1

Ani Posted at 2018-8-24 23:01
Did you switch to Gesture mode before doing a palm land?

Yes. In fact I started from a palm launch. At that point (low battery) I was still trying to move it around with palm gestures to be able to catch it, although the gesture recognition gets clumsy with lower battery.
2018-8-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

BHZ Posted at 2018-8-25 02:14
Yes. In fact I started from a palm launch. At that point (low battery) I was still trying to move it around with palm gestures to be able to catch it, although the gesture recognition gets clumsy with lower battery.

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles. Had you tried to launch it with a full battery (palm launch)?  Have you updated the firmware as well? Thank you.
2018-8-25
Use props
warubikku
First Officer
Flight distance : 1592264 ft
United States

Don't want to be "that guy"...but did you hold down on the controller with one hand while attempting a palm landing?... Because i do it all the time.
2018-8-25
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

Like Warubikku said, holding down on the left stick will make it palm land without recognizing the palm.  Gesture mode landing requires it to realize you have a hand below it instead of an obstacle.  

Like this landing done holding down on left stick.  Notice my hand moves around because the Spark doesn't recognize it:
A Spark landing.gif
2018-8-25
Use props
BHZ
lvl.1
Costa Rica

warubikku Posted at 2018-8-25 13:41
Don't want to be "that guy"...but did you hold down on the controller with one hand while attempting a palm landing?... Because i do it all the time.

Hi, thanks. I haven't been able yet to test the holding down of the stick, but that is exactly what I was looking for.
2018-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules