Spark overheating
2106 5 2018-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yuyimen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 54327 ft
Spain

my DJI spark, the motherboard is overheating and in the app dji go 4 I get a warning message telling me that the aircraft will restrict the power consumption and will return to the point of origin. Then the aircraft returns and lands. I have to say that this occurs approximately halfway through the flight and at any ambient temperature, from 20 ° to 29 ° making my flight experience frustrating. The motors and the battery are also heated. I know that the dji spark has an internal fan and that this one works, what I do not know is if it is working as it should. I would greatly appreciate an answer from you before returning the product to the point of sale where I purchased it.thanks
2018-8-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles you had with your DJI Spark. I'd like to ask if you already updated the firmware of your aircraft? Thank you.
2018-8-25
Use props
Yuyimen
lvl.1
Spain

Thanks for the quick reply. Both the aircraft and the app and the remote control are updated. At least that's what the dji go 4 application tells me when I start it
2018-8-25
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

Yuyimen Posted at 2018-8-25 06:42
Thanks for the quick reply. Both the aircraft and the app and the remote control are updated. At least that's what the dji go 4 application tells me when I start it

there is a problem with the latest updates...Dont update the rc especially if u r on Android. The spark may be updated.
2018-8-25
Use props
Yuyimen
lvl.1
Spain

I use an android device but I have it all updated now, what am I supposed to do now?
2018-8-25
Use props
vlaporte
lvl.1
Flight distance : 545 ft

My Spark overheats and gives error code -barometer error due to overhearing. IF you fly immediately it stays warm but not hot.
If you turn on and not fly it gets very warm on top of drone - not battery and get above error.
I took top off and to view fan and heat sink - now stays just warm not hot and no error code and flys fine.
After reviewing many posts about "hot Spark" I decided that the cooling fan needed more intake air to cool properly. So I drilled an array of air intake holes in the top shell of my Spark.
Now it stays cool even at rest (power on but not flying).
I also bought a micro USB to iPhone cable which makes setup link (controller to iphone) much easier - just plug in - no wifi setup period.
Happy Landings,
Vince

2019-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules