fans368921ec
lvl.1
United States

my son learning how to fly phanthom 4 pro
2018-8-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, great to know about that. Please refer to the attached video tutorial below on how to fly Phantom 4 Pro for beginner. Please fly with caution. Have a safe flight.

2018-8-25
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha fans36,

Be sure to have him read the manual.  It is really helpful in learning the parts and what each part does.  Do be aware that the P4 Pro is a flying network of three computers.  The manual is available and can be downloaded at the DJI web page below;

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _User_Manual_EN.pdf

Be sure your son is using a 6-10 inch tablet that is real good for "gaming".  Gaming and flying drones both require fast processors (multi-core), great graphics (special display card with fast processors and RAM) and a lot of RAM (2-4 GB) for the computer (and storage of course).  If the tablet is middle to high rated for games, it will work for flying the P4 Pro.

The DJI GO 4 app that is used to fly the P4 Pro requires a tablet like I described for gaming above.  Many DJI product users have tried to use slow tablets without good graphics and had nothing but problems.  Two good devices that are on the DJI recommended list are the Huawei Honor 8 and the Huawei P8 Max.  There are some other Huawei tablets that are being flown successfully and do get good individual recommendations.  Look up the SPECs for the Huawei phones on Google and you can get an idea of some good devices that will handle DJI GO 4, the app that is used to fly the P4 Pro.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-8-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Start out slow and low. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2018-8-25
Use props