Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
anzo_d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 282464 ft
United States

Hi everyone,

The Problem:
I've had my Mavic Pro for about 7 months (gimbal warranty expires after 6), and I recently have had issues with the gimbal. Here's a video of the issue.

Context:
Over one month ago I had a head-on crash (I was flying back towards me and pulled back on the stick to stop. The drone did not stop) into some sand and gravel, but afterwards there was no noticeable damage aside from a few scratches. The drone flew fine for about a month, so I decided not to bother calling DJI support. Then, when I was on vacation last weekend, I flew the drone for the first 2 days, with no problem until the third day. That is when the gimbal started to exhibit the problems shown above. I called DJI support, and factory reset the drone to no avail. Knowing that sending it to DJI would result in a hefty bill, I decided to purchase a new gimbal and replace it myself. Unfortunately this did not solve the problem.

Help:
I am not sure what to do currently, as I am not sure if I should send the drone in to DJI for a fix. I can return the gimbal replacement I got free of charge, but if anyone knows of another part I could try swapping out first, or another solution, I'd love to try it. What do you guys think? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

anzo_drone
anzodegiulio@gmail.com

2018-8-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience and trouble cause. However, we do not recommend to self-repair the drone because it can worsen the damage and this will void the warranty of your drone. Please contact our support team to start a ticket for the repair. Or you may start up a case online: https://repair.dji.com. You can also contact our support team by dialing +1 (818) 235 0789 for further assistance. Thank you.
2018-8-25
Use props
MikeKnowles
lvl.1
Flight distance : 110843 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-8-25 15:34
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience and trouble cause. However, we do not recommend to self-repair the drone because it can worsen the damage and this will void the warranty of your drone. Please contact our support team to start a ticket for the repair. Or you may start up a case online: https://repair.dji.com. You can also contact our support team by dialing +1 (818) 235 0789 for further assistance. Thank you.

Hello DJI Natalia,
I am having the exact same issues, except I didn't ever crash or hard land into anything.
I flew a flight, packed up, went to another location, then bam....the gimbal whacks out....any ideas?
Thanks in advance, Mike
2019-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules