DJI Go 4 Software Issue
1050 9 2018-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans28ac3b75
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8294 ft

United Kingdom

Hi I am quite new to Drones, I have a DJI Spark and have flown it probably 13 - 14 Times with no problems,

Last Weekend I took it out for a flight and very nearly lost it, all was fine and then I lost GPS Connection and it went into ATTI Mode and started to drift off, it luckily reconnected and I managed to get it to RTH Safely,

This has obviously concerned me alot and I have been in touch with DJI To see if there is any settings on the App to avoid this from happening, the DJI Advisor said there is a setting under Advanced Settings for Signal Lost to Controller that you can set to RTH if this happens,

I have not got this setting in my app, it is just not there, so the DJI Advisor said reinstall the App and then see, immediatelly after installing the App the setting is there but after reconnecting to the Spark it goes again and that setting is no longer there, has anyone else had any kind of issues like this,

My Iphone 5s is compatible with the software but the Advisor is saying it may be my phone or a bug in the App which he will log with their technical team doesn't help me much in the meantime, has scared me a bit I have to be honest,

Thanks

Tracy
2018-8-27
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Hi Tracy,

>  the DJI Advisor said there is a setting under Advanced Settings for  Signal Lost to Controller that you can set to RTH if this happens,

That wouldn't help anyway. If Sparky drops to ATTI, RTH cannot work anymore. RTH needs GPS.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2018-8-27
Use props
fans28ac3b75
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Wolferl Posted at 2018-8-27 04:40
Hi Tracy,

>  the DJI Advisor said there is a setting under Advanced Settings for  Signal Lost to Controller that you can set to RTH if this happens,

Thanks for your Reply, so if I were to loose the Drone because of GPS Signal loss where do I stand with this, it is a lot of Money (Not as much as some of the others) to fly up in the air and you can just loose all control over it and it goes,

Thanks
2018-8-27
Use props
Chuck101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27815 ft
United States

fans28ac3b75 Posted at 2018-8-27 05:01
Thanks for your Reply, so if I were to loose the Drone because of GPS Signal loss where do I stand with this, it is a lot of Money (Not as much as some of the others) to fly up in the air and you can just loose all control over it and it goes,

If you loose connection with the controller and have good GPS the RTH will be automatic.

If you loose GPS but still have connection to the controller you must manually fly it back home.

If you loose connection to the controller and loose GPS the drone will drift with the wind until the battery dies and gravity takes over.
2018-8-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles you had. I'd like to ask if you already updated the firmware of your aircraft and remote controller? Also, make sure you have at least 13 GPS satellites around your location before flying. Check for some error messages via the app, turning off the Bluetooth connection and putting your phone to airplane mode will help prevent interference. Hope this helps. Thank you.
2018-8-27
Use props
fans28ac3b75
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-8-27 05:16
Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles you had. I'd like to ask if you already updated the firmware of your aircraft and remote controller? Also, make sure you have at least 13 GPS satellites around your location before flying. Check for some error messages via the app, turning off the Bluetooth connection and putting your phone to airplane mode will help prevent interference. Hope this helps. Thank you.

Hi I have been in touch with a DJI Advisor and that was one of the first things he said was to Factory reset the Spark and Then Refresh and Update the Firmware which I did, How do I update the Controller as I was not aware you could do that,

Thank you

Tracy
2018-8-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fans28ac3b75 Posted at 2018-8-27 05:48
Hi I have been in touch with a DJI Advisor and that was one of the first things he said was to Factory reset the Spark and Then Refresh and Update the Firmware which I did, How do I update the Controller as I was not aware you could do that,

Thank you

Hi, kindly refer to the video below. Thank you.

2018-8-27
Use props
fans28ac3b75
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-8-27 06:09
Hi, kindly refer to the video below. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJN7tnIcvY0

Hi I have already had this come up for the remote and the spark, so all is up to date,
2018-8-27
Use props
sparky135
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8360 ft

United States

i have the same problem here tried the same thing happens
2018-10-7
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

A very important thing is to be able to fly the spark manually without GPS help and RTH
2018-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules